Timmay - you should do this

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Ha, stop reading into everything so much. I hammed it up, the producers/editors did their dirty work and presto. It was a one-two punch.

#31     Aug 8, 2007
  2. 1. You understand my audience better than me? Wow, that's a new one. I'm getting 100+ emails/day now from people who've heard my story--do the math buddy.

You think ET traders are my main demographic--please the whole world is! You guys live in a shell where you think everyone understands trading/hedge funds. The general public has little understanding! My niche is explaining it to the common man.

2. You know little about my trading, so you can't comment one way or the other. Luck had something to do with it, but so did skill--7 big up years baby, hundreds of thousands of trades.

3. I'm not doing any book signings whatsoever, the time-reward ratio isn't there and just one example of how you think you know my marketing plan, but you have little idea. BTW, Oz's books suck, def. not personal enough.

4. I actually just signed a deal with an agent who's the former heads of MSNBC and am negotiating with several networks. And, I'm about to have a PR lady who's been in the biz for 20+ years. As for no money, that's just ignorant--do some research and stop wasting my time. Again, you don't know my plans so please stop pretending that you do.

#32     Aug 8, 2007
  3. I would have to agree with you.

As for his continued posting on ET, I think that at this point he is seeking notoriety. Like it or not, in this culture, notoriety sells for one reason or another. To that end, there is really no such thing as bad publicity. In fact, the only bad publicity is no publicity at all. I'm not saying that's the way it should be. It's just the way it seems to be. I really do believe that his many vocal detractors are doing him a service. If the book is any good, then it will sell. If it is not any good, then the only way it will sell is on the basis of some form of notoriety. If the book is no good and has no notoriety attached to it, then it won't sell. Therefore, I think the author is playing the odds.

#33     Aug 8, 2007
  4. ess1096

ess1096

Is that how you explain your immature antics and blatant disrespect of the golf course? That was pathetic! Grow up.

#34     Aug 8, 2007
  5. Please--golf is more fun when you drink.

#35     Aug 8, 2007

6. the point is...the point that you keep dodging....is that you are a failure at trading...but you are trying to relive the glory days as some two bit entertainment tool and as a vendor.

Hell yeah good for you getting a show and all. The Simple Life gets airtime too for some strange reason...

but Tim, you have been exposed for the parasite that you are....and an overwhelming majority of the members here who have seen this thread see you as full of shit too.

People like controversy, every once in a while if I am flipping through the channels and The Real World comes on, I will sit and watch out of curiosity, just because it so mind-numbingly stupid.

People may watch your show because you're a fucking fool..hell I watch America's Dumbest Criminals....

You are no worse then them in that sense, so as far as being on a TV show, I can see why you could do that, and I have no issues with it....

But the point is, you are a snake-oil salesman concerning your book and your Dial-a-Timmay and God knows what else you will try to sell......

and I am not letting your ass off the hook for that.

#36     Aug 8, 2007
  7. I'm not dodging, you just don't know the details and I can't tell you....yet. You point is irrelevant because even if I were a "failure at trading," you could still learn from my experiences, my thought process, my successes, etc. Stop thinking so black and white and open your mind, seriously.

#37     Aug 8, 2007
  8. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3KZJBw_thl8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3KZJBw_thl8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#38     Aug 8, 2007
  9. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJEwJFrtYHc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJEwJFrtYHc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#39     Aug 8, 2007
  10. Bernie Schaeffer was a very well respected option guru and wrote a few books and has an advisory service. However this year I get 4 spam mails a week from him touting some service with 100% accuracy or some stupid claim. Many others get this spam from him and many have claimed the service is pretty random in results. His mailings which I have been getting unfortunately also sound like the worst cheesy spam mail.

If you talk to many people now they think pretty low of him. He has moved from guru status to just another salesman with stupid market claims to sell a newsletter and his book is not one many recommend anymore.

Plenty of newbies still probably sign up as they do not know any better. But those of us who know options have lost a lot of respect for him and his legacy or respect has faded pretty much. As newbies lose money with him he will also lose that business soon too.

Tim, you are going down this path. You made a million but you are pretty young and it will not last to long (especially if you intend to have a boyfriend or get married).

The book and these TV shows are the lowest form to squeeze the last bit of money out. Where will you be in 4 years? The fad will end and you will see the truth I wish to impart on you.

If you got lucky making the big money then recent performance should tell you it is time to really learn the market. If you dump the trading to simply ride the book and a TV show you will be out of options in about 3 to 4 years at most when this runs its course.

You are too young and you need to think of the now and how to add longevity to your career. Your performance cuts off future hope of adding new investors. The book will be hot for about 6 - 9 months after its release and then sputter out as that is the way it goes. Even Cramer's books have that peak and then land in the bargain bins.

So you suffer from the same sin of hubris all young people do when they get some lucky success (your words not mine), they think the train will last forever. When the book dies down and you say the same things day in and day out the networks will simply cancel the show and move on leaving you behind.

Your image is more important now more than ever as your trading is all but gone. I am being very honest with you as some who has written a book. You get a pop and it dies down cause someone else is writing a book too.

Claiming that being arrogant and cocky is good TV leads me to ask you one question. Where are all those people from the Real World episodes? Why do you think so many come back for The Gauntlet fighting over money, cause the gravy train stopped.

Print out this post and read it again in 3 years and you will see I gave you honest advice without flaming you. Fame cares nothing for you and neither does entertainment people, they want ratings and money and as soon as your hypoe dies down and people see the recent trading returns they will turn away.

Either look to lengthen your career or milk it now as the cow will die in 3 years. Not being harsh but it is the truth.

#40     Aug 8, 2007