Timmay - you should do this

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 8, 2007.

1. bontrjd

bontrjd

Tim,
    There are 2 sides to every trade. Out of 1024 trades, on average one trader will be right 10 times in a row. That is no guarantee that he or she will be right in the future. I don't think you are a fraud because you turned 13k into 1 million (good job by the way), I think you are a fraud because the markets have changed and you haven't. You are still a smug, arrogant prick who can't make money now and is turning to free publicity on boards and blogs to try and earn cash. Your buy my book spam is pathetic and you are so self-absorbed I doubt your story is worthwile other than I was in the right place at the right time and now I am not, which is not original or helpful. If you had focused more on psychology and how each step affected your personal and trading life, that would have been more interesting.

Most of all, you are just an asshole with nothing to offer other than the shock value of acting like an idiot. If you treated people better or learned more about market fundamentals, most of us wouldn't hate you so much. You haven't made money in years, you self-publish, over promote, and call people "bitches" among other things. That is why I think you are yesterday's news. If you could entertain without alienating and discuss the market and sound like a market professional instead of sounding like a teenager that needs a spanking, it would be differrent. It will never happen though. You are a fraud until further notice. Spamming these boards won't help your cause. You might think you are great at promotion, but you mistimed your rollout and many who would have bought your book will be sick of you before it comes out. I predict you won't make more than $50,000 tops.

P.S. You're me against the world mentality might have helped you when you were a short seller, but it won't help you at all in the author, vendor, seminar professions. You aren't making the distinction between occupations.

#21     Aug 8, 2007
  2. You sir are an idiot. A--you don't know the definition of a fraud. B--You don't know the details about my book and C--you don't know what my marketing plan is.

My book is specifically about psychology and how each step affected my personal trading life--you moron! Your description nails it and the few people that have read it, love it. People can badmouth me all they want now and I encourage it because it stirs up more exposure and exposure is the name of the game.

#22     Aug 8, 2007

3. well stated.

#23     Aug 8, 2007
  4. ess1096

ess1096

To paraphrase Curtis Faith;

Even an AVERAGE trader having great luck can look like a GREAT trader having average luck. It's only after time goes by that you will be able to tell the difference.

Great luck doesn't last forever, great traders do.

#24     Aug 8, 2007
  5. You remind me of my dog- when he was a puppy, he would piss on the floor for attention...he knew he was making a mistake...but he would do it, because dogs like attention, even if its bad..they just want attention for the sake of having it.....

or like the little kid that screams and shit at the store so his mom will pay attention to him....just wanting attention...

yeah exposure is the name of the game..I'd say you have been sufficiently exposed on this board since you started trying to peddle your wares.

#25     Aug 8, 2007
  6. Again, you make me repeat myself, but I will try to refrain from calling you names. Here's my response (cut and pasted from only a few messages ago):

Incorrect, I hammed it up for the cameras in order to gain exposure. It was a very calculated move and it's been hugely successful.

Now, through my experiences, both good and bad, I will use this opportunity to help inspire and teach others in a painstakingly honest way. Wall Street needs some honesty right now and that's exactly what I'm going to bring to the table.

The other people you mention had no greater purpose, they simply wanted fame and fortune. Based on my brief experiences with both, it's nothing that great and that's probly the reason why these other people are such screw ups. what is more fulfilling is to teach others.

#26     Aug 8, 2007
  7. bontrjd

bontrjd

Witty retort Mr. Sykes. I am sure it was written with the same professionalism and forethought that you put into your trading.

A - In the broadest sense, a fraud is a deception made for personal gain. You sir are so full of deceptions it isn't even up for debate.

B - Yes I do. You don't understand your audience. Writing about the psychology of being an arrogant asshole who shorts pump and dump emails and then cannot adapt to changing market conditions has nothing to offer traders. Just because it affected your life doesn't mean it has anyting to offer of value to OTHER PEOPLE. This is where you still remain totally clueless. I got lucky and cannot trade anymore territory has already been heavily mined. If you had channeled some Tony Oz or Jim Cramer into your writing instead of thinking only of yourself, the book would have turned out better.

A (mostly) short bias fund is a dangerous one-trick pony. I am sure you have figured that out with all of your losses. The majority of traders don't spend all day guessing about microcaps and pink sheets because it's dangerous. Bad risk/return combined with illiquidity obviously.

C - Yes I do. You sent out advance copies of your book and kissed ass hoping for positive word of mouth, you troll these boards trying to piss people off to keep your name in play for more free advertising and you will try and get as many free TV spots as you can to promote the book once it is released. Add in a couple of book signings and it's all you can do really since you have no agent or publisher or money.

#27     Aug 8, 2007
  8. Tim, I really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt here but you are making it tough.

You said that it was the editors and producers who make you look that way on TV and now you are saying it was a calculated move to do so on your part.

Posting on ET is not helping your cause at all anymore.

#28     Aug 8, 2007
  9. From Timmay:

I will bring you honesty from Wall Street for $100 an hour on the phone or the price of buying my book.

You can't even be honest enough to say you fucking suck at trading....why the hell would anyone in their right mind PAY for your brand of "honesty"?

Like I said- exposure is the name of the game, according to you....you have been exposed.

#29     Aug 8, 2007
  10. Yeah Timmay, you are really going downhill.

#30     Aug 8, 2007