Timing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Votke2310, Aug 8, 2019.

1. doesn't what matter what screener you use. it depends on what criteria u set for your screener. that is one of many secret ingredient for a profitable trade. no profitable trader will share that with you unless he trusts you or mentoring you.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    #51     Aug 15, 2019
  2. Wow you got a pretty good list there. Try the free trial of TradingView before you drop any bread on it. You might not be getting anything extra for your money, compared to what you already got. So the real wild card is what your screening parameters are. Most important, in my view, is Relative Volume, Volatility, Last Price, Float, ATR, Change (%), 5 minute change (%), Gap, RSI, Buy/Sell Rating, and the first two the most important. As traders, we feed on volatility. We need volume for liquidity. We need medium or low float so that volume will move price easily. Well, you will figure out what to screen by according to your ch.osen strategy

#52     Aug 15, 2019
  3. S-Trader

S-Trader

One of the most effective "screeners" I've seen is belonging to a chat room where everyone trades the same approach(es), are committed to working as a team, and any other noise (other methods, OT, etc.) is pretty strictly prohibited. You have multiple sets of eyes watching for the same setups, with individuals possibly using their own scans and alert services to find and call out potential setups (ahead of time, of course).

I've even seen traders who run paid-for trading services use that as one key reason (of several) that they do so -- i.e., in response to the obvious question: "if you're so profitable from trading, then why run a service?" It's like having a whole bunch of "employees" -- who are actually paying *you*, lol -- to continuously scan for setups you trade, and bring them to your attention real-time.

Of course, the key is in finding a chat room with those qualities -- one that mirrors or is applicable to your own approach, has a sense of "teamwork," and has low "noise" levels.

#53     Aug 17, 2019