TIMES method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by caitlin, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Mark Just a note that it may seem a bit odd to those of us who have been here a while that you just registered and start pumping up TI. I took there class back in 2001 around the time I started trading.... While i was able to achieve reasonable initial success I soon realized this method could not be traded in certain market conditions{ start of trending markets} Also there is the issue of simulated trading. Most of the simulated platforms didn't give accurate fills{ filling a limit order at ask instead of bid on buys and vice versa} and unrealistic market fills so any reasonable success on simulators could be thrown out in real time trading. When I noticed the daily recap didn't include certain trades i had taken ( these were losers):( .I emailed Roger and he did contact me. After pointing out on numerous occasions these trades that most others would have taken in real time he admitted I was "very adept" at noticing all the trades and that he had missed them in doing his recap. Also the issue of market fills were given best possible price on the daily report. During the start of any choppy period T1 could often produce two losing signals in a row before the range conditions would be obvious . Because of my modest initial success I was asked to share my trading statements with others which i didn't feel comfortable with. Roger mentioned that he didn't trade the system because "he was to busy doing demos"..Around May of that year the market became very choppy and directionless and T! became very difficult to trade .Most if not all of my profits dwindled however the recap always showed incredible daily profits.. when i addressed the fact that none of the losing trades i had recorded were posted i was told all the subjective filters...{big picture. choppy conditions} could have possibility eliminated these trades i decided I was fighting a losing battle... I also spoke with a few other students I made contacts with that agreed with my summations. T1 was designed to look great in hindsight and has so may subjective filters that no 2 trades will ever come up with the same"big picture"... At least Roger and Afshin took my marketing advice and hit the Traders Expo circus... On a final note on the cme website there is a video of a live demo by Afshin.... the only 2 trades actually called live were a b/e and a loss ...other trades were pointed out as winners after the fact... :)

#51     Dec 27, 2004
  2. mwbokc

mwbokc

All I can say is that it is working for me so far. I lost a lot of money in the past with junk systems. I believe TIMES is a good method. If I find out differently in the future, then I will certainly post my concerns. Call me naive but I don't buy into this huge conspiracy theory about TI that so many on this board seem to propose. If they are so corrupt, why hasn't the CFTC moved in?

Respectfully,
    Mark B.

#52     Dec 27, 2004

3. Seeing this brought tears to my eyes. I am going to visit more often.

Seems like such a long time ago....Happy Holidays nkhoi

#53     Dec 27, 2004
  4. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

Mark,

Since you are only registered since yesterday, I think it is safe to assume that you either work for or are somehow connected to TI.

If TI is legit, they would be making more money from trading than teaching. So then, why would someone who could make more money from trading than teaching, bother to teach? I think the answer is obvious. Their setup which is basically a Double Top or Double Bottom that coincides with a divergence in Stochastics and MACD works when it works, but it is not a system. If you were to trade every time this setup occured without any other filters, you would lose.

$5000 seems to be the magic number that all the snake oil salesman arrive at.

#54     Dec 27, 2004
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, that is what trading do to you, seem like a life time ago and Happy New Year to you too.

#55     Dec 27, 2004
  6. mwbokc

mwbokc

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I had to be "registered" for a certain amount of time before I posted my opinions on this board!!

The only connection I have with TI is that I'm a current student. I'm a federal corrections officer who trades part-time. TI has worked for me so far. As I've stated previously, I've lost big time using junk systems in the past, namely Ken Roberts and Jake Bernstein stuff. TI provides support, mentoring online and I have no problems contacting them. Sounds to me like paranoia abounds on this board.

Mark B.

#56     Dec 27, 2004
  7. Well, I have to admit I did just get out of Western State Hospital
    up in Steillacoom, WA. But please do not tell anyone. I don't want
    them to find me. Why? Because they are out to get me and my whole
    family. They are mean and nasty just like everybody in white uniforms...
    Heck, any uniform ! I don't care what color it is! Run ! Run ! Run !

Their coming to take me away oh no ! Their coming to take me away ! :D

#57     Dec 27, 2004
  8. First, nothing works in all market conditions. That is a key characteristic of a good trader -- knowing when market conditions have changed and the system need to be adjusted or shelved.

Second, these "trainer types" usually have all the "right" answers so they can't be pinned down. That's how they get your money.

After watching one of their expo presentations, I took their idea and developed a 10 min bar version. Worked very well. Made decent money. Stopped trading it because I got busy with other things. We'll see what the new year brings.

Bottom line, as far as I can tell they offer a setup. It can work. But not always. You need to do your own research and testing to prove it to yourself. You need to add all of the other aspects of a sound trading plan. In my opinion they charge a lot of money for something you can do by yourself. Good luck.

#58     Dec 27, 2004
  9. traderob

traderob

Mark B.
    One of the reasons could be that when they are asked for proof of trading profits they say that the CTFC doesn't allow them to divulge this (see the earlier post in this thread). In fact this is not true but by not directly saying they make profits the CTFC can't nab them for fraud.
    You can bet if they were making solid money their brokers statements would have pride of place on the website.

#59     Dec 27, 2004
  10. qtip

qtip

Mark,

I want to apologize if any of my post made you feels unwanted. My only objective was to post my opinions. Also, I am glad things are going well for you.

After all this, I hope you keep contributing to this discussion board in the different forums.

So far, 4 posts and they all have to do with TI

Please keep us posted!
    :D

#60     Dec 28, 2004