TIMES and S & P E-mini

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by omcate, Feb 7, 2003.

1. omcate

omcate

Hi,

Has anyone tried the TIMES method of Traders International to trade S & P E-mini ?

Thanks.

:p :p :p

2. Havent heard of it... for all you searchers of the Holy Grail, you are gonna be disappointed...

There are fundamentally only two ways to directionally trade the eminis (or for that matter, anything)... at least these are the only two ways that have worked for me

1) enter on breakouts in a trend
    2) enter on retracements in a trend

The method is actually kind of irrelevant as long as it makes sense...

What separates the winners from the losers is the ability to keep stops...

3. If anyone has an explanation of this, please post it.

I have heard about this through the grapevine, but I wouldn't bet on it's validity.

Riskless

4. seems to be the theme of the day. I wonder what that means? Nice work.

1. Ask a person on the street to pick a number between 0 and 3.
    2. Ask a person on the street to pick a number between 0 and 6.
    3. Ask a person on the street to pick a number between 0 and 9.
    4. Assemble those numbers to arrive at your entry time. That gives you a max of 369 minutes from the open. (For example 000 would mean enter on the open, 120 would mean enter at 11:30 est)
    5. Flip a coin, heads you go long and tails you go short.
    6. ONLY TAKE THE TRADE IF IT IS THE DIRECTION OF THE TREND
    7. Watch CNBC and wait for a mutual fund manager to announce the direction of the trend.
    8. Don't expect to take many short trades.

5. i saw it demonstrated at an online trading expo. despite all the super duper mumbo jumbo "proprietary signal" rap it looked like a system using a stochastic and MACD indicator. save yourselt $ 4000 and fool around with those indicators if you like.

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

it's appeal is in its simplicity since it use only 2 indicators and hasn't changed over years, I speculate that 1 of its indicator is %D = 5 trade in direction of the hook, the other indicator act as filter but I am less sure, have fun

• %d.gif
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
  7. todd960

todd960

It's a divergence system

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

diverg from what, could you be more specific?

9. As long as it is divergent from a common sense it can actully work. :D

10. So simplicity rules here again, not so surprising, my favorite system has only one entry condition that boils down to comparing two numbers (most of the time) which you know a day before you place your entry.

You could improve the system by entering early in the trend by chosing the entry times in a less than random fashion.

#10     Feb 9, 2003