Timeless Advice From Trading Classics

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by David Hume, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Well done, Gambitman! You know your classics. But those few pitiable quotes did not save him from the fiery furnace! He is cinders! Who will be next?

#11     Jan 28, 2008
  2. I'm just a new poster, a reader of ET for a long time and a trader for many years but wanted to ask you a few questions. I hope that you can see it clear to give me a civil response seeing that I am asking civil questions.
    I respect your opinions and views on TA and religion having read a majority of your posts over time though I do not agree with your points of view.
    My first question simply is, why do you feel the need to police this forum and it's threads with your opinions by belittling others for their different view points?
    We all learn over time that opinions are unique to our backgrounds and experience and most of the time there are no right or wrong opinions just how the particualr situation relates to us individually. This is a simple truth that age and time teaches us. Is it that you are pre-thirties and as yet unfamiliar with this aspect of real life?
    My next question is in regards to your trading experience. Do you trade for a living, trade as a hobby or do not trade at all? Lastly, if you do trade, are you verifiably profitable? The only reason I ask the latter question is because you constantly question others on their verifiable profitability?
    Thank you for your responses in advance.

#12     Jan 29, 2008
  3. #13     Jan 29, 2008
  4. I was saving that thread till near last but you guided my hand toward reading it. I understand a lot more now and it leads me to believe that a response to my questions to him/her will not be forthcoming.
    I fully understand someone's strong beliefs but it amazes me at the shear anger some individuals need to project to get their point across. It's borderline terrorism.

#14     Jan 29, 2008