Time

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by oldtime, Jan 24, 2013.

1. yeah well, that's what I am saying

you set everything up to trade in the timeframe you are comfortable with

and when it starts trading too fast or too slow you adjust

so you are not really working with price

you are working with time

#11     Jan 24, 2013
  2. yeah.. last consolidation the euro dropped down to 1.305 area beofre advancing... .. the last ceiling it was bumping against was 1.33 area.. now its bumping against the 1.34.. every new high is at lower strength.. ... i'm still guessing down.. but i will likely over write puts in the 1.3 area .. that will help the carry

#12     Jan 24, 2013
  3. that's what makes a market

you are short

I am long

I wish you well my friend

especially as to how your business doesn't interfere with mine

#13     Jan 24, 2013
  4. isn't your eur.usd short part of a bigger play though?? your not exactly on the opposite side of my trade.. :)

#14     Jan 24, 2013
  5. yes, and I'm not exactly flat

but I was close enough down to a minimum position that it qualified for taking a toke off the pipe

now it's all starting back up again

#15     Jan 24, 2013
  6. i gotta get some of what your smoking man.. haha you called it.. i stopped out of my short.. went long on a scalp for a few pips.. either way.. deep in the red for my considered allotment for currency trading.. .. gottta build a system to better substantiate entries, etc..

#16     Jan 25, 2013
  7. glad to hear you are experimenting with some forex over at ib

I need somebody smart on my side

you give me hope for the youth of today

let me know if you come up with anything

I got really lucky when I started out, and that gave me enough profits to experiment with

the thing that has consistently worked for me is picking a currency, and spreading against it

everytime I drift away from that strategy it eventually gets me

so I keep coming back, but it is a risky business

I pick up a few tricks each time I go directional, so all was not lost

good luck, I know you know a thing or two about options and have no delusions, let me know if you see anything in forex, that's all I trade anymore (not smart enough to trade options)

#17     Jan 25, 2013
  8. trust me if i ever make it vol trading/options... that means it doesn't take intellgence..

#18     Jan 25, 2013
  9. also, just to avoid confusion, I have been long, not short eur.usd

doesn't mean I am bullish on eur, just means I need some short usd

#19     Jan 25, 2013
  10. yeah i caught that.. been following the trading currencies against eachother deal.. to isolate a view on one.. was there any aanouncement that charted that just about 100 pip move up in the euro?

#20     Jan 25, 2013