Time to turn in my claws?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nicodemus, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Unfortunately, I belong to your club. I am much more comfortable shorting, so I missed this entire rally:mad: . But at least I didn't lose money being short. I can't brag about my performance, but it could have been a lot (reads A LOT) worse.

The bulls are really showing some teeth. I had a killer day this morning. I took shorts on the Q's after-hours on TH north of 35. I added to the short Fri morning and did not cover until the end of the day Friday. I smelled blood, but I was wrong. So all profits (almost all of it) went POOF. Good old GREED did me in today. I wanted to make on the down move what I missed on the up move, sounds familiar?

I hope next week is better. Got to make some adjustments in my thinking. Hopefully I will find some good sky scrapers next week and bleed these stocks to death :)

Bill

#11     Oct 13, 2001
  2. sasha1

sasha1

Seems like the market will not start going down until at least some of the members of our cosy little club turn bullish. Too much of a bearish consensus here. Sound familiar?

#12     Oct 13, 2001
  3. If you are using chart patterns to short from...try imagining charts upside down to see possible long plays....but I agree that shorting is more "comfortable" now...but thats because its making me money.

Trade what you see, not what you think.:cool:

#13     Oct 13, 2001