Time to take a break from Intraday Trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 6, 2008.

1. This is not a kit plane, but it is the one worth my waiting for: http://www.iconaircraft.com

A great escape pod from the wall street! They had the first flight on July 9th. Delivery time 2010.

#21     Oct 11, 2008
  2. agpilot

agpilot

---------------------------------------------
    Hello: Good luck. I moved to a hobby farm 2 years ago and have room for a 2200 foot private strip and plan on getting something similar to the Piper J-3 cub I had back in the mid 1960's. I prefer the low level out in the country relaxed style flying... Nice to see another make a change in life back to what they enjoy. . agpilot (retired)

#22     Oct 11, 2008
  3. Tums

Tums

Lancair is nice.
    But I would go with the basics... not retrac or pressurized cabin... too much up keep. If you don't fly for a living (i.e. everyday), it is best to stick with fixed gear... insurance is a lot cheaper too.

this is more manageable:
    http://www.lancair.com/Main/es.html

p.s. basically this is the Columbia 350. now the Cessna 350.

#23     Oct 11, 2008
  4. Are homebuilt aircraft safer than the market?

#24     Oct 13, 2008
  5. Cool!

My husband built an Xair that he keeps on a grass landing strip nearby, but he and 3 friends also just took delivery of a Cirrus SR22 Turbo.

I'm presuming you are renting the Cessna 210? From a time/frustration standpoint, co-ownership makes more sense to me. But then again, I don't have the male "desire to build" gene.

Either way hope you have fun.

#25     Oct 13, 2008
  6. Yes....the ICON A5 is very cool.....nice recreational aircraft that is easily transportable! :cool:

#26     Nov 29, 2008
  7. Fastbuild Kit: $99,900 (IV)
    Finished Plane Estimate:
    $320,000 - $470,000

do i read this right that the cost of labor to build this toy is ~200-370K?

#27     Nov 29, 2008
  8. Well built homebuilts like the Lancair IV P have decent APPRECIATION. These type of aircraft do very well in a slow economy where the regular certified aircraft manufacturers cut production (plus the Lancair is FAST and has much better fuel economy versus the typical equally priced Beech, Cessna, or Piper).

#28     Nov 29, 2008
  9. There is about 200k in labor cost saved by building the kit yourself. Once you pay for the fastbuild kit, new engine/prop, and instruments, the total cost of the aircraft is just over $200k. The VALUE of the aircraft once completed and certified by the FAA in the Experimental category is in the $429k to $479k range depending on options. :)

#29     Nov 29, 2008
  10. nice!

enjoy building and flying it!

#30     Nov 29, 2008