Time to start accumulating homebuilder stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wave, Jun 26, 2007.

1. wave

wave

From someone that tried to convince me that was what I needed to win in the market. Meanwhile, this person couldn't invest or trade his way out of a box like many others who feel their analysis is smarter than the market itself.

If you think, you stink.

#31     Jul 13, 2007
  2. What you write makes less sense than advocating not thinking and trying to catch dropping knives. To each his own and if not analyzing trades or thinking about them is your thing, good luck in the welfare line. Oh, I forgot though, you're up a combined 20%! :p

#32     Jul 13, 2007
  3. wave

wave

Hey Sise -

You have quite a few posts for only few months on the forum. You keep becoming better acquainted with the chat while I become better acqauinted with my banker. :)

#33     Jul 13, 2007
  4. wave

wave

I never directed any sentiment towards you. I should have used "We" instead of "You". No worries man. My apologies.

#34     Jul 13, 2007
  5. No worries. Enjoy the weekend.

#35     Jul 13, 2007
  6. Is the rumor dead yet? All the homebuilders are down nicely again...back on track? Dead cat(rumor) bounce? :D

#36     Jul 16, 2007
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Buying simply because there is blood in the streets is generally a good strategy to use if you want to make sure your blood is part of the pool. In case you'd like to escape having a major arterial tear and needing a blood transfusion buying simply because there is a great amount of fear and selling simply because there is a great amount of greed, while popular with some who like to think themselves smart, is generally not the best idea you will have ever come up with.

#37     Jul 16, 2007
  8. iwould avoid homebuilders for now

there are so many better sectors like materials, mining, construction , transportation, and defense

#38     Jul 16, 2007
  9. Have you done your dance today?!

[​IMG]

#39     Jul 16, 2007
  10. GSH1976

GSH1976

To the OP I was wondering if you combine your losses as you do your profits? If so you are down about 200% in the past three weeks. It was interesting how you claimed to make a combined (which is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read) 20% on the homebuilders yet the sector overall was DOWN from the date you originally posted your interest in them. You liked the builders, then they dropped, and out of the blue we have a rally on some BS rumor and you just happened to buy right before the rally. I believe you.

Do you think Buffett is still buying?

#40     Aug 5, 2007