Time to short or lighten up longs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drukes1234, Sep 4, 2010.

1. You are the only person that couldn't understand it, I'll continue posting the way I do, thanks for your advice there, move along.

#11     Sep 4, 2010
  2. I remain 1/3rd short but will not be adding to my short until otherwise stated in the thread, when I cover I will also update.

#12     Sep 6, 2010
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You've already contradicted yourself in this thread suggesting you aren't really trading these positions at all.

#13     Sep 7, 2010
  4. BartS

BartS

And the reason for you being short is??????

There is nothing that warrants a short just yet unless you plan on just throwing a dart "because it looks like that could work"......

Next level to short is SPY 113.20 area, if the market gives a short signal.....we just ran up for a few days after a triple bottom so we might be ripe for some chop between 113 and 110 but if i had longs from lower I'd sit on them until she turns.....and add if we take out 113....

Actually the idea of putting a position based on what one believes without waiting for a signal or confirmation is pretty lame.....sure it can make money here and there but eventually it catches up....

And trust me the market doesn't care one bit about what you think and will happily run you over.....hopefully it won't be when you have your full position on...

#14     Sep 7, 2010
  5. Both of you clearly aren't traders, or at least not profitable ones based on the idiotic rationale I hear from you guys. Traders change their minds when the facts they are looking at change, I don't give a shit if I contradicted myself I have updated the thread in real time and I just closed out my short position for a handsome profit. Did the trade go as I originally planned? Hell no, did I make money? Hell yes... learn something children, enjoy YOUR paper trading or your REAL losses.

You're welcome.

#15     Sep 7, 2010

6. Oh and Nine Ender, if you don't think I'm really trading these positions I will extend the same challenge I extended cgarcia, I will show my realized profit and loss from this trade, or for last month, or for this month, or next month and will guarantee it beats the living hell out of your results, we can have them audited or I can show the trades in real time via VNC viewer so you can watch them. Minimum bet for this challenge in $20,000, there is no max... are you a man? Are you a trader? If you are, beat my profit on any given month, let's see what you go son.

The challenge is extended to you and your inbred post too, Bart.

#16     Sep 7, 2010
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

It is obvious you are full of shit you contradicted yourself numerous times and have been unable to clearly communicate what your actual trades were. The whole charade is pathetic.

#17     Sep 7, 2010
  8. I challenge you again, my % gains for any month or live trading versus yours. If you're going to call me out and not accept my challenge then we know who the real trader is. Show one time where I contradicted myself, I updated the trades in real time and made money. My challenge stands, $20,000 minimum, no maximum for the bet, we compare PnL for September at the end of the month, audited results. If you don't take the bet then we clearly know you fear that I am a far better trader than you. STEP UP, SON. Also, you're account has to be AT LEAST over $50,000, we will base the bet on % gains and can even have a side bet for actual dollar gains.... you scared?

#18     Sep 7, 2010

9. "I'm sorry if I'm being rude, actually I'm not sorry at all, you're an idiot and anyone that didn't understand without me saying that I was talking about the SPY's is an idiot as well."

Clearly I was trading the SPY's and I mentioned that.

"...I have updated the thread in real time and I just closed out my short position"

What didn't you follow, child. Posted my trade in real time Friday, covered and posted in real time today for a profit? Bitter that you're broke or are you going to take me up on my challenge?

#19     Sep 7, 2010
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Buddy, this is what you said :

"I shorted half my total position at the close yesterday and will add on any pop of over 0.5% Tuesday. "

What on earth does that mean ? You have failed to state what your position actually is. To take your post literally, it would mean you were long SPY and shorted half your position leaving you long SPY with half the amount. Strangely, you then claim you profited on a down day ( no 0.5% pop either ) the next day from this trade. This is illogical. Long SPY was losing on Tuesday, rebounding today.

By being vague and argumentative you could claim you made money each and every day on the market regardless of what it does. Maybe that's your goal, and your upset because I've seen through your little ruse.

Or maybe you just can't communicate effectively. Either way, a pointless thread.

#20     Sep 8, 2010