Time to Short Oil

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by libertad, Apr 23, 2006.

1. its over........

#51     May 4, 2006
  2. Maybe the bears are right this time. If this is indeed the case, then congratulations. NEXT!

#52     May 4, 2006
  3. Buffett speaks common sense...

On a commodities bubble
    Buffett: "I don't think there's a bubble in agricultural commodities like wheat, corn and soybeans. But in metals and oil there's been a terrific [price] move. It's like most trends: At the beginning, it's driven by fundamentals, then speculation takes over. As the old saying goes, what the wise man does in the beginning, fools do in the end. With any asset class that has a big move, first the fundamentals attract speculation, then the speculation becomes dominant.

Once a price history develops, and people hear that their neighbor made a lot of money on something, that impulse takes over, and we're seeing that in commodities and housing...Orgies tend to be wildest toward the end. It's like being Cinderella at the ball. You know that at midnight everything's going to turn back to pumpkins & mice. But you look around and say, 'one more dance,' and so does everyone else. The party does get to be more fun -- and besides, there are no clocks on the wall. And then suddenly the clock strikes 12, and everything turns back to pumpkins and mice."

#53     May 6, 2006
  4. Can someone provide a link to this?

Thanks ...

#54     May 6, 2006
  5. THX that's very true about ALL bubbles and mania's

#56     May 6, 2006
  6. Copper is about as parabolic now as anything I can ever remember.

#57     May 6, 2006
  7. Alchemist ... can you make Gold out of copper ;)

#58     May 6, 2006
  8. gharghur2,

To turn copper into gold just save and melt those pre-1982 U.S. pennies. They are now worth 2.312 cents. :)

#59     May 6, 2006
  9. TY
    Being an alchemist I knew you would know the answer :)

#60     May 6, 2006