Time to Short Oil

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by libertad, Apr 23, 2006.

1. ron2368

ron2368

Hopefully a pullback so I can fill my lawnmower, but I expect it to be hitting highs a week away from Memorial Day.

2. Long Oil = [​IMG]

Short Oil =
    [​IMG]

3. smallfil

smallfil

libertad,

Since you are so sure----why don't you back up the truck? Or are you fully invested on the short side? Heaven help you if you are!!!
    Oil hasn't run up yet. Wait till this thing gaps up----then, you shorts will be chasing it, just to get out!!!
    You are right about one thing----this is going to be a tsunami on the financial state of a lot of people!!! Short traders included!!!

4. Quiet1

Quiet1

aah, don't ya jus' love the smell of hubris on Sunday...

:p
    Q1

5. Excellent Commentary All
    Nice pictures...

Yeah....logic is... am I prepared to never see oil below $75 again...

Could turn out 78..72..67.....or 77...100...100..120..120..120...120....80...75...65

You never know.....do ya...

Be prepared...

6. "OPEC President Edmund Maduabebe Daukoru predicted Sunday that oil prices would fall from their current high of just over $75 a barrel to stabilize in the "upper fifties to lower sixties" as political tensions ease."

The president of OPEC predicting prices will fall :)

That's like Exxon saying; "We're going to flood the world with oil to drive down the price. And we don't care about profits!"

Maybe a little pullback, then $80 next stop...

7. Quiet1

Quiet1

the perceived certainty that crude will go higher now has about the same intensity/breadth of belief as it was with the dollar weakening when it was when it was 1.30+ against the euro...

:)
    Q1

8. OPEC has less power on oil prices than you think.
    It's just diplomatic eyewash.
    I remember seeing a headline in the 1980s that OPEC thought oil would go to $5/barrel. Well..
    And remember that guy who posted about shorting gold in the "Trading" section? Where is he now?:D

#10     Apr 24, 2006