Time to pretty things up

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Jul 21, 2006.

1. The lunch crowd might panic if they see the market down again. Better get it up off the lows, then the reporters can all say, the market has bounced up off its lows, even with all the bad news buyers are scooping up some bargains.

2. Have faith the big boys will lift it just watch.

3. the big boys are recovering from puff daddy's party in the hamptons last night.

4. You missed a few commas in your second post, which makes it ambiguous. But I suppose it doesn't matter, since you seem to be talking to yourself anyway. :)

I will say, though, that the "big boys" don't make their trading decisions based on the views of the market reporters, as you seem to be implying.

5. Surdo

Surdo

Putz:

I hear the Grammar Police are hiring.

6. Your missing my whole point, folks who do not spend all day monitoring the markets and have clerical or administrative duties (middle class) gather for lunch most every work day, most restaurants have TVs then their is radio in your cars.

If they keep hearing everyday and night the markets are down, they just might start selling.

If they hear positive news then they tend to hang on to hope.

If the markets can rebound during lunch the reporters can report something positive.

If they rally into the close they can again report something positive, even if the markets close down they can report " market closes up off its lows as buyers rush to buy bargains. Thats what regular folks want to here. Not market closes at the lows of the day, more selling coming next week. You will only here that when you know its time to buy.

7. mizer

mizer

I suggest you go back to a "clerical position" as well cause no way in heck would you ever make consistent money in the markets.

Now run along and leave this game to the pros before you lose your home equity loan trading :cool:

8. "Your missing my whole point, folks who do not spend all day monitoring the markets and have clerical or administrative duties (middle class) gather for lunch most every work day, most restaurants have TVs then their is radio in your cars."

Ok, now I understand what you are saying. However, from the top of my head, I'd say that collectively those clerks and administrators that you are referring to, have very little effect on the daily variances of the markets. I'll even throw a number: only 5% of daily variance in the market can be attributed to the "common" folks. The rest is hedge funds, big investment management firms, and the like.

9. Oh its you again, so how are you doing today Mr Pro, why dont you throw up a snap shot of your Esignal P&L today.

10. 80% of US households own stock. If they all panic to soon the Pros like Mr miser will have to sell at less favorable prices.

#10     Jul 21, 2006