Time to go short?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by futurecurrents, Sep 8, 2003.

1. if anything one could/should consider 9/11 'fear', each year.... as provoking some selling by those fearng a copycat action on or near said date!

ICe
    :cool:

#31     Sep 9, 2003
  2. How the hell can you short a mkt in a strong uptrend and not consider it gambling? I could see if there were some catalyst or technical breakdown. But there has not been any of that yet....key word here is yet.

#32     Sep 9, 2003
  3. What time is it not to go?

Do you find a job?

#33     Sep 9, 2003

4. The mood seems very buoyant doesn't it. Spitzer catches mutual funds in blatantly illegal activities and the market doesn't even blink.

#34     Sep 9, 2003
    #35     Sep 9, 2003
  6. ***********************************************

Crazy as it seems, I was serious. I know that most signs point to higher levels and one should never try to pick tops or trade against the trend. I am not trading on my guess. I was looking at the relative strength of stocks that gap. I just thought that when these stocks fail to follow the market it may indicate a change in market direction.

#36     Sep 9, 2003
  7. *********************************************
    Thank for you the thoughts.

You're posts are always interesting.

A puzzlement sure to be.

Too much to drink you or I?

Meaning there may be, to understand not.

Assume no you english speak?

#37     Sep 9, 2003
  8. it didn't seem to happen last year (i don't recall it happening, anyway), and it should be obvious to most people that even another 9/11 style "attack" would NOT be proceeded by another selloff such as we had on 9/11/01 right after the attack.

the market action following the blackout and the general turmoil between israel and the rest of the mid east supports this.

plus there was that HUGE rally in the months following 9/11/01.

the world seems to have good confidence (and they should) that another attack, although tragic, would do little to shake the institutions of this great country, and the capitalist system as a whole...

#38     Sep 9, 2003
  9. good points...

but if you have large size this week... and large profits... you just might use that as an "excuse" to take some off the table until lafter 9/11.

regards,

I

#39     Sep 9, 2003
  10. Is an assessment that takes 4 to 10 days too long to do?

#40     Sep 9, 2003