Time to go short?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by futurecurrents, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Todays action suggest to me that the bull run may be over for now. I base this solely on the fact that the usual group of today's nasdaq momentum hot stocks that I look at are not making new highs even as the nasdaq itself does. It seems that the wind has gone out of their sails. They are not behaving as usual.

I am not going short today because I don't allow myself any discretionary trading. However, tomorrow my method may put me in some shorts.

Anyone else see this? If I am correct I'll be reminding everyone about my brilliance and I'll be putting out a newsletter for paying customers. And if I'm not you all just forget it, o.k?

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    - unknown

2. watch the sox. its leading.

3. It is downright parabolic here!

Short SMH

4. ****************************************************

Yeah I see that. The naz and it are acting the same. But it just seems that stocks are following the indexes rather then leading. Maybe that is a sign of big money coming in? Maybe they're buying the high caps? I don't know. I know just enough to get myself into trouble. Perhaps I'm trying to extrapolate too much from the action of a small subset of stocks.

"The ability to delude yourself may be an important survival tool."
    - Jane Wagner

5. Contrary to your view (going short). Many stocks are not hitting the big R.

Here are five for today: OVTI, ERES, SYNO, HITK, and maybe AMHC.

For the rest of the week checkout : DRIV, WEBX, TRDO, DGIN, NTES, Last week these works quite well and will work again this week as well: SINA, SOHU, NFLX (this ws a Friday beginning move so it is one you can still catch.)

6. this market is a tough short. we are in all news is good news mode. look at rimm ah today.+7 on better earnings outlook.

7. Look at RIMM. Up to $35 in AH. How the h*ll can this junk be moving so high?! Should have used my dartboard to pick stocks the past 3-4 months.

Guess NO ONE learned squat from past 3 years. I can't believe this kind of crap is happening again. Another bubble on the way... let's watch and see if that does not happen from now through late January-February, 2004.

But how can you short this market... with no signs of a key reversal! I am waiting to enter October SPX puts... but not yet! Still long SPX calls. So why try to pick a st top... frankly, I am becoming brainwashed that we don't have any "major" corrections until 2004. So I'm wondering if I'm a contrarian indicator?! :p :eek:

ICe
    :cool:

8. burnin

burnin

has a bunch of short sellers scrambling, havent seen this kind of squeeze since nvda a while back. As for the market, Im seeing somthing in the banks that makes me very suspicious of much more upside in the near future.

9. story on banks
    http://www.thestreet.com/markets/aarontaskfree/10112288.html

10. TGregg

TGregg

An amazing run up that levels off instead of pulling back. That says even higher markets to me. Not that I trade overnight (generally), but I do not see it as bearish.

And my thoughts plus a credit card can get you a beer in some places. :D :D :D

#10     Sep 8, 2003