Time to get out of LA -- no more lap dances allowed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cornholetrading, Sep 17, 2003.

1. LA just banned lap dances, VIP rooms at clubs, and any kind of touching including tucking cash tips for dancers at LA strip clubs. Here is the story.

Los Angeles Bans Lap Dancing in Strip Clubs
    Tue Sep 16, 4:42 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - You can look, but you can't touch or even get close any more.

That's the order that went out to patrons of strip clubs on Tuesday when Los Angeles City Council passed a measure requiring dancers to stay at least 6 feet away from customers, thus ending lap dancing in the city.

The ordinance, passed unanimously despite stiff opposition from strippers and adult club owners who fear for their livelihood, banned lap dancing and any other kind of bodily contact between dancers and customers in strip clubs, bikini bars and adult bookstores.

The ban follows rising complaints by people living near adult cabaret clubs about prostitution, drug use, excessive noise and streets littered with condoms.

But club owners and dancers, who make most of their income from cash tucked into their G-strings, have said the ban will kill the thriving business which employs thousands of people.

The new law, which must be signed by Los Angeles Mayor James Hahn before going into effect, requires state-licensed security guards to be on duty at all times. Violators face up to six months in jail and as much as $2,500 in fines.

Roger Diamond, a lawyer representing about 20 Los Angeles strip club owners, had opposed the measure, arguing that a city body cannot regulate what goes on inside adult clubs.

But on Tuesday he said the clubs would "rather work with the city. We're not here to be bad neighbors," Diamond said.

2. American strip clubs suck, even with lap dances.

Check out the Pussycat in Tel Aviv or Bourse in Ramat Gan Israel.
    Insanely hot strippers, $4 for a REAL full contact, titty grabbing lap dance, $40 to get head in a private room from a gorgeous, friendly model......Now THAT is a strip club!

3. this is my kind of thread. :)

4. C'mon - Israel is the center of the Strip Club universe? I'm gullible but not quite that gullible...

5. There are plenty of Israelis on these boards to confirm every word I said. I doubt you'll find a better strip club in a first world country...anywhere.

Casa Rossa/Bannanbar in Amsterdam are o.k. for an interesting show , but if you want full contact lap dances & incredible BJ's for low low prices, well good luck doing better than Israel. The girls are mostly Russian, but also some Czeck, Romanian, and local (including some dark skinned, so you get nice healthy diversity.)

Man, I was just there in April, but I think I need to call my travel agent to schedule another trip...

6. While writing that previous post, I was reminded of a certain classic Cheech Marin monologue:

"P*ssy, p*ssy, p*ssy! All p*ssy must go. At the Titty Twister we're slashing p*ssy in half! This is a p*ssy blow out! Make us an offer on our vast selection of p*ssy! We got white p*ssy, black p*ssy, Spanish p*ssy, yellow p*ssy, hot p*ssy, cold p*ssy, wet p*ssy, tight p*ssy, big p*ssy, bloody p*ssy, fat p*ssy, hairy p*ssy, smelly p*ssy, velvet p*ssy, silk p*ssy, Naugahyde p*ssy, snappin' p*ssy, horse p*ssy, dog p*ssy, chicken p*ssy, fake p*ssy! If we don't have it, you don't want it! And for a limited time only, we're having a p*ssy special! You buy one piece of p*ssy, and get another piece of p*ssy of equal or lesser value for only a penny! If you can find p*ssy any cheaper than that... Fuuuuuuuck it!"

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

You guys need not go so Far......Costa Rica....

8. obviously you didn't check out the link.

9. CR, What some Israeli brothels do with their white slaves is horrible. I agree with you.

I don't go to brothels, and I wasn't talking about brothels . I guarantee you that the two strip clubs I recommended are 100% slave free.

#10     Sep 17, 2003