Time to Fall Back!

Discussion in 'Events' started by aphexcoil, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Other than the sleeping thing, we are all on Market time....and Iwould think that the quote machines all adjust for that, just like the cable TV/Modem does.

Don :cool:

#11     Oct 25, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Quotes, yes. Charting programs, not necessarily.

#12     Oct 25, 2003
  3. gms

gms

Because ultimately, I had no other proof on hand that would substantiate my claim of when the tow was conducted. I had to travel round trip 100 miles and give up a day to take care of this matter and for the amount in dispute, it wasn't worthwhile to give up another day and travel another 100 miles.

The point of my post is that it's a misunderstanding when the early morning hours of a day are represented as the late night hours of the day before, and that there can be repercussions from this apparently common misunderstanding.

#13     Oct 25, 2003
  4. This event will unlikely change the course of the market.

:p

#14     Oct 25, 2003
  5. funky

funky

i hate when that happens....i got a ticket for speeding on the beach in pismo beach one time....was a misdemeanor b/c it is a state park. i could have challenged it, but i live up here in SF. sucks. at the time i was really worried b/c of my software profession, thought it might affect my getting a job.....nice to be a trader, the market doesn't care who i am!

#15     Oct 25, 2003
  6. I use Metastock for charting and I set the downloader security files for 6:30-2:00 - encompasses both DST and non-DST. However individual charts' x-axis properties have to be set for either 6:30-1 or 7:30-2.

If there's a global way to change all the charts in the layouts - please let me know! Other than having 2 sets of charts of course :D

#16     Oct 26, 2003