Time to cover last week's profits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, May 30, 2008.

1. I'll take the credit for destroying this thread, thank u very much

#21     May 31, 2008
  2. Will the Market prove ST and HFT severely wrong on this?

I too, agree it could go either way and I'll react accordingly, however there is precedence here.

When perma-bulls blindly ignore all points to the contrary - they are wading in some really murky water!

gA

#22     May 31, 2008
  3. So on one hand you say the chart is bearish yet on the other hand you don't have money on the line. Thats the problem with a a lot of bears on ET. They either have no money at stake, or they cover on the smallest uptick. No one has the balls to open a LONG TERM short potision.

I, on the hand, am fully vested.

#23     May 31, 2008
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Once again you fail to comprehend the most basic aspects here --- Elite "Trader". This is about trading, not being a buy and hold investor. Shorts, myself included, take what the market gives. We don't have a preconceived bias about what the market should do. We trade based on what the market says. Over the 12 years I've traded full time I've beat the market averages 11 years, the last 3 years by a lot. I trade both sides of the market because it's foolish to limit your profits by only playing the long side, as you do.

#24     May 31, 2008

5. First of all we never had a bear market. SPX had to close at 1252 from October highs to be called a Bear Market. However our cowards had a hissy fit and tore down our charts once they felt deluded that a recession may come. The recession has not happened yet and all the empirical data is pointing to the improvement of our economy, including the trending GDP numbers and consumer spending.

Feds have done a lot- massive rate cuts, liquidity injections, mortgage bailouts, Bear sterns bailouts and utilized many tools to stabilize our financial markets. You just ignore the these huge facts when you look into your crystal ball.

Market have no other place to go, but up howsoever reluctantly it may. Its not the problem with the economy that causes the market's turmoils its the negative sentiment + doom and gloom.

#25     May 31, 2008
  6. This is why no one here who is short has any long term short positions. Deep down they know there is validity to the bullish argument.

#26     May 31, 2008
  7. how about airlines, or truckers, or drug stocks, or auto stocks, or bio tech, radio/advertising stocks...Thats 6 off the top of my head were the big money was made on long term shorts. You 2 are so easy to own...pathetic. Also stock you are fully "vested" So a 401k is all you have at stake? Yikes you are clueless.

#27     Jun 1, 2008
  8. make money in stocks go long v, mos, aapl, goog, clf, ma, fslr, bidu,fwlt, ewz and rimm.

The smartist era of Web 2.0 and globalization isn't over. QQQQ $55 soon. GOOG $900. AAPL $250. MA $450. V $150.

i really do know how stocks and the market works.

When I say the subrime is no big deal it reall isn't.

When I say rising oil is no big deal it isn't.

When I say there is no recession and no bear market there isn't.

When I say no credit crunch there is none.

Dow 14,000. Nasdaq 2,900.

Gas will soon be 5 dollars a gallon and oil 200.

#28     Jun 1, 2008
  9. you nailed it again stock! Glad I would never follow any of your advise. You should stick to cheerleading the stocks in your "index", even though you have no financial interst in 90% of them....You the man!

#29     Jun 2, 2008
  10. Oh no the markets are down. It will rally in earnest later this year. The downside is limited, but why would you care considering you probably have no money in the market. I'm long Visa and MOS. Long visa since IPO.

#30     Jun 2, 2008