Time to buy moon stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by QdzResurrection, Jan 16, 2004.

1. ig0r

ig0r

The costs of colonizing space are insane, microsoft's 50 billion would be barely a dent into what is required.

The idea of buying land on the moon (illegitamate as it is) is to have it when in 20-30 years colonizing and traveling to space will hopefully be much cheaper (exponentially) and then the land will actually be worth something. An investment

#11     Jan 17, 2004
  2. Woudlnt "moon" trade as a commodity instead of equity?

:)

Tiki

#12     Jan 17, 2004
  3. Hi all,

I just read an article on the editorial page of The International Herald Tribune (NYTimes). The author doubted, given the present state of NASA management, they could still get a man to the moon. The story goes they would first camp a little on the moon, do some excercising and then hop on to Mars!

The figures on cost overruns on the major NASA projects (Challanger and Space Station) since they got to the moon are staggering. In its days, Challanger was presented to the good tax paying people as going to dramatically reduce their cost of touring in space. Right now they can't even use it anymore to get to the Space Station. Only courtesy by the Russians in their often as medieval-technology painted little cab.

Will this whole NASA bit be our space age Tower of Babel?

I would strongly advise against buying too much property on the Moon, even less on Mars.

nononsense

#13     Jan 17, 2004
  4. jem

jem

Harry you amaze me. If I even know a little bit about some off beat subject, you seem to know much more. I know you could be researching things as you post them but I suspect you have just learned a lot of things.

#14     Jan 17, 2004
  5. I think the best way to play this is to hold out for the Mars IPO and the subsequent spinoff of its moons ,(if it has any).Beam me up George.

#15     Jan 17, 2004
  6. Mars has two moons.

#16     Jan 17, 2004
  7. I would like a spot on the Sea of Tranquility. Got anything?

#17     Jan 17, 2004

8. This is the company and person that I got my moon land from. This is the same company that supposedly some hotel chains have purchased some land from too.

#18     Jan 17, 2004
  9. Cheese futures plummet... cause deemed to be influx of supply... dairy industry reeling... In related news Marvin Martian named number three on universe's most wealthy list.

#19     Jan 17, 2004
  10. Thankyou ,Ive always been fascinated by astronomy and should have known that.I actually know a professional astronomer but he deals with stellar bodies outside our own solar system.An extremely knowledgable individual who I've engaged in some fascinating conversation .Actually, I ask all the questions and he answers.

#20     Jan 17, 2004