Time to bring back the draft/ 2 year rotations?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Apr 3, 2012.

1. lindq

lindq

Obviously you were not around for Vietnam. The draft gave politicians pretty of canon fodder to throw into the jungles, and nobody game a damn until over 50 thousand were dead.

#11     Apr 3, 2012
  2. Intelligence work costs a hell of alot more than a bayonet rifle.

#12     Apr 3, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Israel also has mandatory military service in the IDF for all men and women and yet it has not stopped their aggressive military behavior.

#13     Apr 3, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, I meant they need to "be" intelligent. I honestly don't think 90% of the guys down here in P&R would qualify. Hell, the obesity rates alone would disqualify most.

#14     Apr 3, 2012
  5. yeah right, the only thing worse than now would be a whole crop full of young and dumb bumbling idiots drawing gubbermint cheese and telling us what to do.

NO THANKS

#15     Apr 3, 2012
  6. You mean their defensive behavior.

#16     Apr 3, 2012
  7. Tell that to the 5000+ dead guys that have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. All I see in this thread is a whole lot of excuse making by the keyboard warriors. You guy's like the idea of needing a job in order to qualify to vote. How's this? No military service, no vote. Sound good?

#17     Apr 4, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Who is "you guys"? I'm probably a bigger dove then you are Captain. And who said anything about needing a job to vote? How this Captain, how about no military service no presidency? Will you kindly tell that nice fella from Illinois in the White House he can step down now?

#18     Apr 4, 2012
  9. jem

jem

until our polticians start showing some intelligent decision making, there is no way I would trust them with a draft.

lindq just told you what they did with our kids in viet nam. what was accomplished with that war? What did we accomplish in Iraq this time.
    Now Afghanistan I understand, apparently we have a really good herion trade going.

Our Congress has been making really bad decisions for a few decades. They need less power not more. A draft would be insane. They have us by the short hairs. We need this or we send your randomly drafted girls and boys off to a meat grinder.

#19     Apr 4, 2012
  10. I've though that too. Bush might of though differently about Iraq if he had to send his daughters in. But they chicken hawks might still start wars, after all their lives wouldn't be in danger.

#20     Apr 4, 2012