Time to bottom pick

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Comanche, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Yesterdays selloff was the shorts last stand as many a bear was looking to sell the rally of the last few sessions and had a great catalyst in the hammering of the crude yesterday. HOWEVER, I think that the market makes a large move higher from here now as weather forecasters are now seeing a continuation of the colder than normal pattern at least through the week of Feb 12th, right at the coldest part of the winter. This will allow for a string of very sizable storage withdrawals that will take the current YOY surplus of +404 BCF down to flat or even deficit over the next 4 weeks. The current 6.30-6.40 price in feb is a great buy and hold in my opinion as I think there is even the potential to go and retest the 9.05 area of several weeks ago. Yes I said it, 9.05.

#31     Jan 12, 2007
  2. I thought it was a little strange how well natty was holding up.

Yesterday I was totally burned by February natural gas. :-(

Where do you see February crude going?

#32     Jan 12, 2007
  3. Maybe a dead cat bounce? I don't see any clear signal for a swing trade.

#33     Jan 12, 2007
  4. Good call Comanche

#34     Jan 12, 2007
  5. Goddamnit, I covered my crude short on Monday for a $0.40 profit to go long on natural gas.

Anyhow, is it crude's precipitous drop today that is capping NG gains to near nil today Comanche?

Any updates to that prediction?

#35     Jan 16, 2007
  6. Remember 2003---March went 5 or so dollars over April-in a week

#36     Jan 16, 2007
  7. Crude is definately helping to contain natty. However, crude is getting near an area to have at minimal a fibonacci retracement. When crude does have a bounce, it should create good spillover buying in natty.

Natty is all noise at the moment with the true breakout # being a few minutes of trading over 6.80. That will quickly get you to the 7.10ish area. From there, if weather continues to show below normal in the 6-10 and 11-14 day forecasts, I think the shorts get squeezed in the normal "fade the logic" fashion that natty loves to trade as that is where the most pain lies.

#37     Jan 16, 2007
  8. What's the expression... the hardest thing to do when you're in a hole is to stop digging.

Forecasts still looking very good... crude is back above $51, let's roll!

Gene

#38     Jan 17, 2007
  9. Ayy Captain Comanche, I sold some crude short last night as a hedge against further NG drops from crude weakness and that is currently what is saving my ass, but like Scotty says I don't know how much longer she can hold captain, she just cannayt take much more of this.

The DOE and IEA reports were a total disaster for crude.

My average price for NG is $6.249 and I'm starting to feel the pain. The NWS 1 month outlook for February certainly didn't help.

On the upside, the Bentek withdrawal numbers are finally triple digit. Projections also show Greenland blocking possible!
    I am praying for some Greenland blocking to lock in the cold. Pray with me.

#39     Jan 18, 2007
  10. FYI it's snowing here in Princeton, 50 miles south west of NYC.

#40     Jan 18, 2007