Time right to enter India: US to its companies

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Yuvrajjj, Oct 11, 2009.

1. WASHINGTON: Enamoured by India's status as one of the world's fastest growing economies, the US is telling its companies that the time is right for them to enter the Asian nation and high rate of return on investments is the most compelling reason.

"Now is the time for US companies to enter the rising Indian market," according to an export promotion agency of the US government.

For the US companies, the agency has named civil nuclear energy as the biggest potential Indian export market segment, estimated at about 150 billion dollars, followed by areas like renewable energy, aerospace and defense, mining and coal, security, healthcare, retail and auto.

"India is a free-market democracy with a legal and regulatory framework that rewards free enterprise, entrepreneurship and risk taking," according to a report compiled by Export.Gov, a collaboration of the US Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration with 19 other federal agencies.

The agency, which offers export assistance to the US companies on the behalf of the US government, has identified India as the 'market of the month'.

The US exports to India stood at 32.44 billion dollars in 2008, an 85 per cent increase from the previous year. The US imports from India was 39.89 billion dollars in 2008, up 65 per cent from the previous year.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...a-US-to-its-companies/articleshow/5111938.cms

2. ehsmama

ehsmama

India the Puny tiny market..Who cares

3. Lots of opportunities but it’s a bureaucratic nightmare they worship paperwork like nothing else if your getting involved in food products make sure its non perishables the Indian cold chain has as yet not been made workable. I don’t why it surprised me but Indian workmanship is actually very consistent compared to China.

4. Really? India is the world's 12th ranked economy by GDP. Didn't you know that?

No?

Maybe try checking the facts before you post?

5. I don't see any legal barriers to wealth in the US but I do see a decline in opportunity I also see established enterprise using every trick in the book to strangle and subdue new enterprise.

6. i will believe india is more than a large pot of lazy gipsises when they take over pakistan. until then, forget it, lazy bunch. Clearly there was investment by some us companies and want to talk investment up to sell at profit whatever they purchased at low prices.

7. What's that flushing sound?