Time on ET is fuxored

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TGregg, Jul 28, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Just did a search, and ET said "All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 AM." It was about 8:42 PM EDT. EDT is GMT-4 so it was about 12:34 AM GMT.

Of course, EST is GMT-5. But most of the planet is on daylight savings time (hence my comparision of EDT not EST). And 8:42 PM EDT is exactly 7:42 PM EST which is (of course) GMT-5 or 12:34 AM.

And (this probably doesn't matter), when Baron says the chat tomorrow takes place at 4:30 EST, he almost certainly means 4:30 EDT. Generally, if one wants to forget about using D or S, one can say 4:30 ET or 4:30 Eastern. The key to remembering when daylight savings is in effect, is to think "When is there plenty of Daylight, and thus no need to save it?" That's when it is in effect :D.

I've got to go now. I've got this big stick up my ass, and I can't sit down anymore. :D

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

did you try vaseline?

3. This bunghead told me about this lame story about his uncle:

""One time my cousin Walter got this cat stuck in his ass. True story. He bought it at our local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarrassing for my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same results, complete with another trip to the emergency room. So, I run into him a week later in the mall and he's buying another cat! And I says to him, "Walt, what are you doing? You know you're just gonna get this cat stuck in your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he said to me, "Brodie, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a weird guy.""

4. nkhoi

nkhoi