Time of active trading before becoming profitable

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 4DTrader, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

Your absolutely right but if you continuously take your profits home then this is a non issue and thus the reason I now mostly Daytrade.

#31     Dec 6, 2007
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It took me 2 years of active trading( I had been investing for 2 years prior to that ) to find a trading style that suit my personnality, involves an edge( no real personnal discretionnary improvements )and make me feel confident( no losing week on this particular method since june and just one losing week in a year ).

Before that, I was randomly profitable( with huge 5 months equity DDs ) trading automated systems and doing a lot of research every day. The funniest part is that I don't make research anymore, but my path of testing... led me to find my personal edge/method.

I also agree with those saying that there is a level when you begin to simply feel where a particular market will go.

#32     Dec 7, 2007
  3. seems there is a common ground to all who have been profitable even for while.

It can only be done once you feel comfortable with what you use!

#33     Dec 7, 2007
  4. Couldn't agree more. The quest for "the system" ultimately became education and the current system is a product of that knowledge. Charts and indicators become "subliminal".

I am down to a rediculously simple system that is consistently profitable....but that came at a cost. The cost was time, discipline, adaptability, and desire.

I could not have possibly started out with the current system because the background knowledge had to "earned and learned" FIRST.

#34     Dec 7, 2007
  5. Nope

Nope

#35     Dec 7, 2007
  6. pismo10

pismo10

I agree, I wasted much time on this, now I look at nothing but what I think is important and I am comfortable with and I am doing the best I ever have.

#36     Dec 7, 2007