Time Magazine Rates the top 25

Discussion in 'Economics' started by CaptainObvious, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Lying consumer, Clinton, Greenspan, Franks/fnm

#11     Feb 18, 2009
  2. 'yes, i agree. but i would say that had these mortgages not been securitized up the wazoo, then the crisis would have been much less intense. really just a real estate drop.'

Not that I disagree, but securitization wasn't the big problem, it seems to have been leverage of the securitizations (and re-leverage, and re-leverage) that toppled the cart.

#12     Feb 18, 2009
  3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

more like welfare state.

do you know how many of these welfare do drugs, drink and smoke... many they spend all their welfare on drugs.

and welfare receipients also sell drugs.

#13     Feb 18, 2009
  4. At least they have Phil Graham listed as #1.

So many key figures made mistakes. I like to start at the top, though. Bill "things look good right now, so I must be doing a great job" Clinton and George "the worst president in the history of the world" Bush played their part, no doubt. Alan "I thought greedy market participants would regulate themselves" Greenspan should be at least #2 on the list, since his influence could have prevented the whole mess in the first place. It turns out he was just another public figure drunk on his own success.

Bernie was just another con that invented a way to beat the system. How anyone voted him a top 25 "cause" of the systematic failure is beyond me. He would still be in business, returning 2% a month, no one the wiser, if the market had not tanked 40% last year.

#14     Feb 18, 2009
  5. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

TV is drug for welfare TV keeps them busy, they are unemployed.
    these fucks smoke pot and watch TV all day and don't give a fuck about looking for a job.

#15     Feb 18, 2009
  6. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

clinton like many people new to the market was under the spell of wall street . they don't have a clue how this derivative or market works. even professioonals in wall street don't know.

#16     Feb 18, 2009
  7. It wouldn't be so bad if were just the 'losers' watching tv all day. My concern is when your kids grow up & they see either BS, 'reality' garbage or other filth on tv and begin to think that's how the world really functions.

The government crooks ought to TAX tv stations for putting out so much shit.

#17     Feb 18, 2009
  8. Yeah, I agree, it is disgusting how America's largest welfare recepipeients - bank executives - drink, smoke, and snort coke in their 1.2 million dollar bathrooms.

#18     Feb 18, 2009
  9. I see your point, but he still was the president of the free world. I am a firm believer in "the buck stops here." He signed an extremely damaging bill and he nominated Greenspan twice, without question, because the economy was solid. Which, to me, is akin to Merrill Lynch (among other firms) executives taking massive bonuses when times were good, only to see the company collapse a few years later.

#19     Feb 18, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

I'm surprised Jose Canseco wasn't on the list.

#20     Feb 18, 2009