Time limit for someone to claim erroneous trade.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Aug 26, 2002.

1. ok thanks, that's what i thought.

#31     Aug 26, 2002

2. I thought that is what I said ...

#32     Aug 26, 2002
  3. when you said "cover" i thought you meant as in covering a short.

is there an advantage to exiting the trade immediately? like, is there a difference if you held the position as long as it kept going in your favor vs. exiting immediately? does it make it harder for the trade to be broken if exited immediately and you now have a profit vs. just having shares at a cheap price? in other words, what is the thinking behind, "If it were me, I'd trade against the position to establish a profit?"

#33     Aug 27, 2002
  4. "does it make it harder for the trade to be broken if exited immediately and you now have a profit vs. just having shares at a cheap price?"

no.they dont care where you end up if they break the trade.if you sell and they break the trade you are short the stock.

#34     Aug 27, 2002
  5. which makes me ask, why are some people so quick to say:

"If it were me, I'd trade against the position to establish a profit."

what's the point?

#35     Aug 27, 2002
  6. Margin.

#36     Aug 27, 2002
  7. There is really NO WAY to take the profit until you know the final outcome, without assuming risk.

As it is, I have ZERO risk.

Will keep it that way until 2007, when , if I haven't heard, I will assume the trade stands.

#37     Aug 27, 2002
  8. Will keep it that way until 2007, when , if I haven't heard, I will assume the trade stands.

if you made it to the next day without getting busted i would think your 99% ok.

#38     Aug 27, 2002
  9. Just capital tied up ...

#39     Aug 27, 2002
  10. It's not that all that much money, and as for the original cost of the position, well, if I told you , you'd fall off the chair laughing.

#40     Aug 27, 2002