Time Frames

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by KGTrader4, Oct 8, 2021.

1. I put my Stop Loss orders on the price - they're not directly tied to any timeframe. I pick my Stops based on the most recent local support level (the level it rebounded from) which doesn't change with timeframe. I don't use Take Profit orders, specifically - I move my Stop up periodically, when a new recent support level is formed. I hold the trade until it pulls back enough to trigger my Stop.

#11     Oct 9, 2021
    KGTrader4 likes this.
  2. VicBee

VicBee

On my monitor i have a 1 minute/day, 5 mn/ 5 d, 30 mn/15 d and 1 hr/1 yr. I day and swing trade.

#12     Oct 10, 2021
    KGTrader4 likes this.
  3. deaddog

deaddog

1 minute?? Why drill so far down?

#13     Oct 10, 2021
  4. Is there something wrong with the 1-min?

#14     Oct 10, 2021
  5. deaddog

deaddog

No not a thing. It's just that i was under the impression that Vic was a swing trader.

#15     Oct 10, 2021
  6. Oh yeah. It looks like he mentioned that. Looks like he mentioned day/swing trader. I guess the 1-min would be for the day trading. I don't know how that would help with swing trading unless you want a super duper entry. :D

#16     Oct 10, 2021
  7. taowave

taowave

Thanks for the reference

#17     Oct 10, 2021
    KGTrader4 likes this.
  8. VicBee

VicBee

I have kept the 1 mn for the times I day trade, which still represents about 20% of my activity, but depends on the general movement of the market and of the specific stock.

#18     Oct 10, 2021
    KGTrader4 and deaddog like this.
  9. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

thanks for the response. Re SLs and TPS, as I said I’m fairly new to short term trading, not even sure what that means

#19     Oct 11, 2021
  10. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like everyone has a slightly different take and I guess I need to figure out what works for me.
    I’ve got a lot to learn

#20     Oct 11, 2021
    MoneyMagnet and VicBee like this.