Time for Zboy to hang it up?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by daniel_m, Jan 31, 2003.

1. What do you guys think?

Zboy's probably the most unresponsive moderator here; and on, arguably, the most important subtopic, Trading. You can start a topic under Trading that has nothing to do with trading and it'll drag for days without anything being done.

Just look at the latest mr market thread. The poor guy's totally changed his behavior, and you still have losers like quicktrader and wappers hurling insults. Any other mod would've jumped all over that (Babak and Magna come to mind).

Zboy, the bell tolls for thee...

2. The Trading topic absorbs the wide range of discussions that can't be fit neatly into Strategy, Psychology, Software, Retail Firms. I think that zboy is more busy doing his job rather than jumping into the discussions. Actually, several of those moderators who more often inject their own opinions, have managed to piss me off enough that I have three or four of them on my Ignore List.

As far as hurling insults, daniel, you're about as guilty as anyone on this forum of making needlessly insulting remarks towards others.

3. The Trading topic absorbs the wide range of discussions that can't be fit neatly into Strategy, Psychology, Software, Retail Firms.

yeah, but the one thing they should have in common is that they discuss something related to Trading. it doesn't take a genius to figure out the relevance...

I think that zboy is more busy doing his job rather than jumping into the discussions.

what job? surely you don't refer to Moderating. he's mr invisible. if he can't hack the pace, he should call it quits. put in babak or magna, or someone that actually gets it done.

As far as hurling insults, daniel, you're about as guilty as anyone on this forum of making needlessly insulting remarks towards others.

hehe. well, i don't deny that. although i do think what i say is a little more imaginative than some of the stuff getting thrown around on those mr market threads, and usually in response to what i perceive as some moronic post (rather than just snapping at people for the fun of it). still, if 75% of my posts were deleted because someone might take some offence at it, i wouldn't mind.

4. daniel_m,

you don't have to click on mrmarket's threads! furthermore, you can even put mrmarket, quicktrader, wappers, and whoever else you don't like on ignore!

btw, i don't really have a problem with harsh personal insults being removed, if it's against ET's policy. although i'm sure most of us are grown up enough to handle them anyway..

:D

5. Any posts that are excessively crude can be brought to the moderator's attention more quickly by clicking "Kill". Zboy may have been away today for all we know. I think they deserve the right to have a day away from moderating without losing their job.

6. i'm not just talking about one day hiaiioo; there's a pattern there, and the trend is decidedly down.

when was the last time zboy even posted? is he even interested in ET?

how about two moderators for Trading? (given it's the most posted to forum)

7. A second moderator would be a good idea, or if he's obsessed with the job at least a backup for his days off. If he's lost interest then of course a new moderator should be found.

8. :cool:

He was fired!

9. Sorry dude, but he *hasnt* changed his behaviour. He's just trying various different undergrad strategies to try and draw us all out, for trollish reasons that are, and will remain unknown to the rest of us. If YOU want to lend him credibility by making out that we should 'listen to what he says' then maybe YOU need a reality check. The trading's good right now, and we dont need some hairy schmuk barging in and trying to change the channel. As far as our 'responses' go - we r just trying to lighten the mood a little - too many peeps here take themselves WAY too seriously.

Tell ya the truth, I'm getting a little bored of the board - too many tree huggers like you, not enough balls out traders like qt.

10. What's odd is that you accuse Ernie of being an undergrad, and yet you are the one showing college-frat immaturity, while he maintains mature composure.

#10     Feb 3, 2003