Time For a World Currency....?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jun 10, 2008.

1. In the history of mankind no currency has survived when its value hit 1% of its original value. If the USD is currently worth 4.3 cents of its original 1913 value, then the case for the AMERO is valid.

I think the one world currency is a bit ahead of its time. The powers that be want to go one step at a time.

Here's a couple of articles about the AMERO.
    http://www.jamesgoulding.com/excelworkbooks.htm#Amero

Gotta run and close up the bonds.

Later,
    Jim

#11     Jun 11, 2008
  2. Quote from scalperjim:

In the history of mankind no currency has survived when its value hit 1% of its original value. If the USD is currently worth 4.3 cents of its original 1913 value, then the case for the AMERO is valid.

Where did you get this insane concept? There is something called INFLATION

Do you think the British Pound, Yen, Peso or any other free-market currency has been immune to this?

Salaries have pretty much tracked inflation, so it means little.

Someone who made $52/week in the fifties makes a heck of a lot more today.

#12     Jun 12, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Oh HELL yes!. Having the Gummint inflate and debase the buying power of my money... putting me on the scramble to keep up... and perhaps my end comes by living in a cardboard box under the viaduct if I fail to speculate well.... Yeah, that's damned entertaining. :mad:

Money needs to be (1) a medium of exchange, and (2) a store of wealth. With fiat currencies, the Gummint is always screwing with the "store of wealth" part.... you know, sucking it off for themselves at the expense of the citizens who earned it. :mad:

#13     Jun 12, 2008
  4. Thats his exact point. All currencies are inflated out of existence. As soon as they lose more than 99% of their value, they tend to disappear and be replaced with something new.

#14     Jun 12, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

You forgot to mention the best part... you know, the part where nearly all the citizens go bankrupt as the "currency disappears and is replaced with something new".

#15     Jun 12, 2008
  6. Well, it doesn't have to be backed solely by gold. Especially when you consider that most of the gold on earth has already been mined.

A better alternative is silver. Over 90% of the silver on earth has not been mined yet. With its use in electronics/circuit boards, I would expect the price to at least double within the next 10-15 years.

Ideally, currencies should be backed by a basket of commodities. The Hunt brothers tried to pull off something like this back in the 1970s with the intent of making Texas its own country.

Unfortunately, the powers that be caught on. They were heavily fined for trying to corner the silver market and banned from trading commodities.

Despite all this, no government can be trusted to print just enough currency that is backed by a commodity. In times of war, the presses will run non-stop. Who regulates the regulators?

#16     Jun 12, 2008
  7. #17     Jun 12, 2008
  8. da-net

da-net

something i've been thinking about for a long time but i do not know if it is possible, perhaps someone knowledgeable on the subject can provide some input

a year ago + a news story about how native americans were buying back their natural resource deposits and drilling, mining, etc and that it was paying off for them financially made me question a few things

since they have treaties, were never conquered and are still a soverign nation legally...could they produce a currency backed by gold, silver, commodities, etc and have that start competing against the USD on the world markets including within the borders of the US?

would they be subject to US banking laws, etc or would their soverign nation status exempt them? and could their currency create a problem for those wanting the Amero and one world fiat currency.

just something i thought about and reading this thread made me remember it

#18     Jun 12, 2008
  9. Have you ever seen the video titled "The Money Masters"? I've studied it for quite some time. It's worth the 10$. You can find it on the web pretty easily.

My point being, anyone who tries to challenge the central banks seem to run into very bad luck. Especially when that currency is the world currency.

I had the same type of question you had except it was about Lincoln, Kennedy and some others.

Later,
    Jim

#19     Jun 12, 2008
  10. And the evidence for this is where? I see an unsupported assertion. The Pound, The USD, and many others have been around a while, and will so into the future. If this is what he thinks, then it should be proven, not opinioned.

#20     Jun 12, 2008