time for a trip??

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mugabe's price cuts bring cheap TVs today, new crisis tomorrow

Police and Zanu-PF lead bargain hunt after officials order shops to act

Chris McGreal in Harare
    Monday July 16, 2007
    The Guardian

The enforced cuts means many Zimbabwean shops have run out of stock and are unable to reorder because official retail prices are below wholesale costs. Photograph: Bishop Asare/EPA

Zimbabweans are shopping like there's no tomorrow. With police patrolling the aisles of Harare's electrical shops to enforce massive government-ordered price cuts, the widescreen TVs were the first things to go, for as little as £20. Across the country, shoes, clothes, toiletries and different kinds of food were all swept from the shelves as a nation with the world's fastest shrinking economy gorged itself on one last spending spree.
    Car dealers said officials were trying to force them to sell vehicles at the official exchange rate, effectively meaning that a car costing £15,000 could be had for £30 by changing money on the blackmarket. The owners of several dealerships have been arrested.

2. No. You won't be able to get out once you're there.

3. yeah, i was afraid of that. theres gotta be away to profit here.....maybe too late??

surf

4. maxpi

maxpi

typical onslaught against prosperous people by marxists.

5. you seriously wont get out. and its not the ideal place to be chilling with all the governmental issues..

6. rock1968

rock1968

ZIMBABWE?? very risky>!!>

7. Just remember to call up your favorite Lord of War before heading there. Classic movie.

8. Amazing movie.. Warlord! LOL.. The younger brother does such a good job in the movie.

9. Jared Leto I think he is..

10. Why Mr. Mugabe hasn't been taken out is beyond me. Rarely has one 'leader' done so much to harm his own people. Zimbabwe was once the bread basket of Africa, now they are a net importer of food. Just boggles the mind.

#10     Jul 23, 2007