Time disparity

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JTT, Jun 14, 2017.

1. JTT

JTT

Hello All.
    I have lifetime Ninja trader with Continuum. When watching the 1 minute chart live data feed, many times a new candle stick will not start to form until 10-13 seconds after the minute and others times it starts at the beginning of the minute. I have not started trading yet, because this concerns me. I am going to contact Ninja Trader, but I would like to hear from others also.

Thank you

2. You'll only get the next candle on the next trade--at least with platforms I've seen. Just means there wasn't a trade during the first xx seconds of the minute.

3. JTT

JTT

Hi beerntrading,
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  4. That`s nonsense.1 minute is a time based type of display.The candle should appear regardless of trades being made.

OP, be carefull with ninja.It`s a very very poorly written platform, pluged with bugs and issues.

JTT and Overnight like this.
  5. And what price does the next candle show?

Though, I do like charts that advance and leave a blank as opposed to sitting on the last candle.

6. Wow, you have trading software that sees into the future? What is it?

shatteredx, comagnum and beerntrading like this.
  7. JTT

JTT

Hey folks, kind of confused, are we thinking that what I am experiencing is normal? I don't want to play until I know for sure. Will contact NT again.
    Thank you for your responses.

8. Yes. That sounds normal. If you're concerned, watch the sales in real time and watch for it to match the new candle.

9. JTT

JTT

Thank you beerntrading, I will follow your advice. Have you heard that NT is a poorly written platform also? I am not trying to start something, and this is absolutely no disrespect to fordewind. Just curious to know if I should have any concerns. I did research, and NT seemed to get favorable reviews.

10. I don't know it at all. Demo it and ask fordewind what problems he's referencing.

Two quick thoughts...take everything you read here with a grain of salt. And fordewind has enough likes to warrant following up with him and other sources.

#10     Jun 15, 2017
    JTT likes this.