Time and Sales Question

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tellerd66, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hey everyone,

First time user here.

I have a question about the time and sales sheet on Interactive Brokers.

When I click “more information” on the condition column it says that X is a cross trade. My understanding is that cross trades are offset and not recorded on the exchange.

Does any one know if the volume from cross trades are a part of the print on the volume for time and sales even though they are not recorded on the exchange.

For example the time and sales on MYOK, for April 8, shows 6X 12,553 at 16:00:00 ...Does this volume include trades that were offset in Interactive brokers without being recorded on the exchange.

2. dinn13

dinn13

That's a closing cross trade that occurred due to the nasdaq close auction. Cross trades and non-display executions that occur on nasdaq are printed to the tape, attributed to nasdaq, and included in the total volume.

I think you're thinking of internalized/dark pool executions and those are printed on the tape via a TRF and no exclusions that I know of. In the time and sales it'll have an exchange of D (at least in most systems, don't have access to IB). Unfortunately the actual ATS isn't attributed and there can be a lot of different condition codes but can see all the ats's volumes including IB's at https://otctransparency.finra.org/otctransparency/AtsData