Time and Sales as an indicator?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by easyrider, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Thanks for the input all. Looking at them for exits rather than entries I find intriguing. I'll have to study that some.

#11     Jul 28, 2003
  2. paulus

paulus

bubba 7,

what about 'market depth' figures, do you use them to trade the futures ?

paulus

#12     Jul 28, 2003
  3. bubba7

bubba7

This will be humorous to you. I trade "seamlessly"*. I do not know what "market depth" figures are at this point.

Just guessing, but if a market did not have enough vitality all the time to trade it, I would not trade in that market at all. I did trade poor markets when their were no minis. The advent of minis gave us markets where the noise of any market is small compared to tradingsignals.

* To me seamlessly means I m in the market all the time and I stay on the "right" side. "right" side is the side where profits are accumulating. I tack all the time and sideline only during market centering. I bracket in by seeting up before the BO arrives aftr centering.

#13     Jul 28, 2003
  4. paulus

paulus

bubba 7,

what about 'market depth' figures, do you use them to trade the futures ?

paulus

#14     Jul 28, 2003
  5. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

I use T&S for daytrading and intra day position trading only. As many of you know, its use will not serve larger timeframes.

Don't forget that T&S is the oldest tool in the market. It's predeccessor, the "ticker tape" machine was used to determine price and urgency.

You can take your T&S a step futher by setting minimum vol. I use RealTick as my primary platform. In addition to T&S I use a ticker set for min vol of 10,000 shares (the minimum is proportionate to the avg vol of the stock/ETF Im watching). The higher min vol allows me to see institutional size, which is especially useful on reversals and pivots.

#15     Jul 28, 2003