Time 2 buy AMD in AH?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 7, 2008.

1. stock do you own AMD? Do you own ANY of the shit that is in your "index"? I know you are the bagholder in any of your recent picks! sorry pot, kettle black...

#11     May 5, 2008
  2. I love AMD more than ever. I love INTC, too.

Two players in a duopolistic duel, and both have probably found their bottoms (if not, not much downside risk).

Manufacturers have to source from both, to keep each honest and competitive.

Buy Low, Sell High.

#12     May 5, 2008
  3. I never pulled up a lifetime chart on AMD til now. Wow!

6-May-83 11.47

25 years later it's down 45%, poor AMD.. :(

#13     May 5, 2008
  4. Make sure to wait until it's at $35 again and then buy it.

#14     May 6, 2008
  5. AMD has a lot going for it. Sure there company has a lot of problems, but millions of computers have AMD chips and the brand is well known. I see this going to 7-8 possibly but not much higher. The people who bought in the 30's and 40's are pretty much screwed though.

#15     May 6, 2008
  6. Yup even with crappy stocks like AMD I know how they work

werd

#16     May 6, 2008
  7. DavidDT

DavidDT

#17     May 6, 2008
  8. Reports of AMD splitting into two segments: 1) Chip design/engineering and 2) Fabrication.

It would be stellar move. Lowering production costs while freeing up more cash flow for intensive R&D that is the lifeblood of cheaper, better, faster, cooler, smaller and more efficient.

Fab operations would probably happen in Taiwan, Korea or China, while design/engineering operations would stay in California and also Fishkill, New York (jointly with IBM).

#18     May 6, 2008