Tim Thomas (Bruins MVP goalie) skips trip to the Whitehouse snubs Obama. Good Stuff!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jan 24, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Was he invited to the WH during the Bush years?

#41     Jan 24, 2012
  2. Kind of funny... a while back, I'd get the "no post" for those I have on ignore. Today, I get only a few. Apparently the majority of those I've identified as dumbucks and put on ignore have left ET.

Just as well... they weren't adding anything intelligent... best be rid of them... like the pebble in your shoe...

:D

#42     Jan 24, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

That's not the point. He made a grand gesture now. Did he make a gesture of any kind in any way at any time then? (Again, think Tea Party, which "finally" had enough just when Obama came into office.)

#43     Jan 24, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

Yes, I find your double-frown emoticons to add tangible value to a discussion. Also those frequent upper case comments add nuance.

#44     Jan 24, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

How does a hockey player, never invited to the WH, publicly diss the president?

#45     Jan 24, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Let me see if I understand you correctly. How does a sports celebrity with something to say get attention? Is that what you're asking?

#46     Jan 24, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Unfortunately, many of them get canned by the MODs and come back under a new alias, like Brass/Gabfly1. The MODs should ban the IP when someone gets canned.

(I think RCG Trader started out as ABC Trader and has worked his way up the alphabet) :D

#47     Jan 24, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

"Neener neener, I can't hear you."

#48     Jan 24, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

I was offered reinstatement but chose to start anew.

As for you, shouldn't you be composing some plausibly deniable at-the-envelope racial commentary? Your life's work awaits you.

#49     Jan 24, 2012
  10. Max E.

Max E.

You are right, it wasnt specific to Obama, but it happened while Obama was in office, so while it may not have been a direct attack on Obama, he was still the one who got snubbed.

Personally i would like to see all of these useless politicians get pushed out of office with a gang of people egging their limos on the way out.

Kind of like Bush's inaguration, except it would have been much more symbolic if they did that to Bush on his way out in 2008. Its about time we start literally chasing these incompetent bums out of office.

What Tim Thomas did was absolutely patriotic, most people would have sold out for a picture with the president, regardless of what an ass hole they thought he was, and regardless of how angry they were with the government, he saw a chance to protest the government (he thinks is wronging him), and make some noise in the media at the same time, and he took it, kudos to Tim Thomas.

#50     Jan 24, 2012