Tim Tebow or Cam Newton?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticktaker, Jan 14, 2011.

1. I also agree that running quarterbacks fail in the NFL. It really hard to look at Steve Young as a good example. He was a failure at Tampa and in the USFL. He was in the San Fran system which at the time essentially gave an unfair advantage. If you had put Marino, Elway or Kelly back there I wonder if the 49ers would not have won 30 consecutive games. To me this will always make the Montana and Young numbers very hard to look at. I mean during the strike season, they still went 13-2.

#21     Jan 14, 2011
  2. You mean you did not already like Joe Webb? :D

#22     Jan 14, 2011
  3. Why don't you two jackasses go running out onto the field of the next playoff game and duke it out on the 50 yard line. I'll throw 5 k into the hat for the winner.

Don Rennick King out:cool:

#23     Jan 15, 2011
  4. Young was a pass first, run second qb. He put up a bunch of rushing yards but he wasn't the stereotypical running qb we see today. His passing wasn't the secondary option, his offensive line didn't use mobile linemen that is seen with the common running qb and he was an unbelievable passer. When I say running qb I am talking about the Cam Newtons who win national championships while finishing the season ranked 66th in passing yards.

#24     Jan 15, 2011
  5. The bottomline is Andrew Luck is better than both of them. Just as athletic, great speed, great arm and the kid is very bright. (Although it is a bit questionable why he'd return to school when he'd be the top pick in the draft).

#25     Jan 15, 2011
  6. I knew it. You clearly got a case of the "little man's disease", a Napoleon Complex. That explains why every NFL QB is only 6'2 to you.

Like Flacco who is a bonafide 6'6.

#26     Jan 15, 2011
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Rogers vs Tebow twice a year. Hmm.. Interesting.

#27     Jan 15, 2011
  8. Ask Cleveland if John Elway could run...

#28     Jan 15, 2011
  9. :D Kids never head of him.

#29     Jan 15, 2011
  10. Tebow!!

Newton is an idiot for listening to his greedy dishonest father and opting out of his senior year to enter the draft in a potential strike year. His value would have been more to stay in college and come out after the strike. That makes him the lessor of the two on sheer mental capacity too.

#30     Jan 15, 2011