Tim Tebow or Cam Newton?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticktaker, Jan 14, 2011.

1. i was a 5'6" 229lb fullback in college. need a yard or two i was your man :D

and you?

#11     Jan 14, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

And you weigh 140 now? How is that possible?

Didn't you go 1-3 last weekend on your playoff picks? :)

#12     Jan 14, 2011
  3. I really hope the Browns do not take Newton. That's the talk around here now - what will the Browns do w/ that #6 pick. Another stud CB would be so much better than creating yet another QB controversy in Cleveland w/ Newton here...

From a non-Cleveland perspective, I wouldn't touch a college QB in a spread offense with a shady father behind him. You have to alter your entire offense to really work around his strengths b/c throwing accurately is not one of them. Vince Young v2.0.

#13     Jan 14, 2011
  4. i went on a vegetarian diet to live longer :)

#14     Jan 14, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You lost 90 lbs on a 5'6" frame? Jesus man.

#15     Jan 14, 2011
  6. my B/P was 170/110. doc said loose weight or die.

i choose the former :D

#16     Jan 14, 2011
  7. Its so hard to say. In the SEC all you do is run and his wide open WR's You dont know anything about their true field vision, and D read ability.

I would think a QB from a lesser program from a major conference would have a slight starting advantage in the NFL over a major program in the same conference. You have to do more against quality competition. For example, Brees, Cutler, Rivers, Shaub, Rogers and Eli.

But then again, the top 2 qbs are from major programs at the time, michigan and tenn. They werent passing schools but major programs still.

#17     Jan 14, 2011
  8. I like Tebow for QB.....I hope Denver trades him and Vikes pick him up!

#18     Jan 14, 2011
  9. COOL!

6' 2" TE in High School....I could catch anything thrown my way and MANY yards after carry was my edge. Now those were some good times in Minnesota back in the day! :cool:

#19     Jan 14, 2011
  10. As a Bears fan, I would love to see that happen.

#20     Jan 14, 2011