Tim Sykes Hedge Fund

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timvodas, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Because he uses factually accurate information to form his opinion. My haters seem to forget this when posting their negative reviews and that is why I'm on guard 24/7 for people who write reviews that include facts that contradict passages and even entire plotlines in my book.

Understand now?

#21     Sep 29, 2007
  2. Oh please, like a potential buyer of your book can't recognize a hateful review which is based on no facts. Even though your haters are basing their opinion on facts about you.

You scream of desperation, if you had any real confidence in your book, you wouldn't care about the haters and their reviews. It's transparent already, no need to play Nanny.

Instead, what became transparent is your bias, insecurity and consequent desperate snake oil. Most of your positive 1 liner reviews are fake, yet you gloat over them.

#22     Sep 29, 2007
  3. No, this is all about hard work and dedication. For months, I sent out books, followed up again and again and I received over 150 pre-release blurbs. How dare you say they are fake. What's your number, I'll have each one of them call you up. Seriously, PM me. I doubt you have any guts whatsoever when you get off this anonymous message board.

#23     Sep 29, 2007
  4. LOL, there is no way I am giving you my number or email, you already painted yourself as a snakeoil salesman. Really, I do not care for your attempt at proof, because you already showed otherwise by the Blog reviews you post. It's just obvious that your back is being scratched by those who expect the same back. That's why they hold little credibility, if any at all. I don't think you truly realize it yet or are in denial about it.

I'm talking about the one-liner BS reviews on Amazon, most of which are fake and it's obvious. How do I know? Cause I use Amazon on occasion and can tell what a REAL review and a FAKE review look like. You put yourself in the situation you are now and you are the cause behind all these haters, as well as nuthuggers. Accept the good with the bad and be a man about it. Let the potential readers make their own choice, I'm sure they can pick out the REAL reviews, whether they are negative or positive.

Funny, that you try to claim I have no guts. I live in NYC and would meet you face to face. But for what? I don't want to be associated with you, I have nothing to gain from your persona, only lose. You are Snake-Oil, whether you realize it or not.

P.S. I have read Chapters 1 and 6 of your book, well at least as much as I could. Honest opinion, it's just not that interesting. Im sure it's interesting for someone clueless, but for someone who has experience in the industry, it's just not that interesting. Nothing special, a dime a dozen story with a lucky TV twist. Now the stories of the prop firms, like Worldco, now that's a book & a movie.

#24     Sep 29, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

#25     Sep 29, 2007
  6. Dude, you're smoking some crazy stuff--I never knew any of these bloggers before I sent them my book, they just all love me now BECAUSE OF THE BOOK. And yes, I asked them to post some of their reviews on Amazon.

And did I make up this Dow Jones review, too? Never met the guy before the Page Six article, so he probly already had a negative opinion of me to start. Now he's comparing my book to 'Reminiscences of a stock Operator'. You see, you don't know any of these details so your conclusions are all false. Gimme a few months, you'll see the light.

#26     Sep 29, 2007
  7. You're sensitive, aren't you Timmy?
    Never said you knew any of them. They see that you're heading at snakeoil and there is money to be made from idiots. You have the persona to do it. Like I said, they are scratching your back with an unspoken understanding that you will scratch theirs when the time comes. It's business, they don't really care for you as a person. I'm assuming you already know this and are just pretending, but hey, maybe I'm giving you too much credit.

It's a Dow Jones Newswire writer, his opinion is worth as much as the next taxi driver or street bum. Who cares? He knows nothing about the business or the industry.

See the light, lol. Most of us have. You're headed for Snake Oil. I personally think you'll stay in the public's eye, even as a low tier snake oil salesman. Although, you may fall into obscurity as well.

Timmy, whether you want to face the truth or not, you are a joke in the Finance & Trading circle. Association with you is bad. In fact, there is no positive from association with you. Is there? Can you name one, just one?

#27     Sep 29, 2007
  8. I agree. Makes me sad.:( This used to be a great place. Now it's as bad as the Yahoo boards were before they took them down. The people who know about trading (real trading) don't post anymore. I guess they just sift through the BS trying to find some useful morsel until they give up. I am close to giving up.

#28     Sep 29, 2007
  9. Face the fact, Tim is 26 yrs old, and he could buy you.

He is already ahead of many many multibillionaires when they were at this stage of their lives.

#29     Sep 29, 2007
  10. Tim Sykes On Crack/Off Lithium = TheSorcerer

"Timmay ahead of many many multibillionaires...yet he close down Cilantro Fund....hhmmm...."

#30     Sep 29, 2007