Tim Sykes & Brian Shannon Finally Mad!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BestGuruEver, Dec 22, 2008.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#21     Dec 23, 2008
  2. softfx

softfx

I agree completely with this statement. If he presents his material as "educational", Shannon is then, in all logic an "educator" .

If he is "an educator" I need to see his results before I give him ANY kind of money.

If I want karate lessons (even free ones) I am gonna make sure the teacher can perform in that discipline won't I ? Well the sames goes for you M. Shannon - Show us some tangible trading (not just once every other week, anyone could post and record a good trading day here and there).

I am a beginner and Shannon's videos are certainly didactic to a certain point. They are indeed repetitive (by nature) but they did help my understanding of S/R and trend reading.

I will take what he gives for free and make the best out of it. I do however take it if a very big grain of salt now... Too bad...

#22     Dec 23, 2008
  3. I know little about Sykes, but what I know of him is that to me, he is little more than a loud mouth. I do not like loud mouths. Enough said about my opinion of him.

I've watched nearly all of Brian's free vids on youtube for the last 5 or 6 months and can say that he seems to know a lot about T/A and that I have learned some things from him.

His free youtube vids do teach the fundamentals of T/A and he even introduced something I never heard of - the VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price) - pretty cool imho - for whatever that is worth.

But one thing that always made me some what curious about his intentions had to do more with what he DOES NOT say in his videos, than what he does say.

Enter his $80 book..........well, there ya have it.

Now I'm not saying that his time is not worth something - nor am I saying that folks have not profited from it or that he cannot trade, because regardless of whether or not he really has great trading results, his students should profit, or at least show promise - <u>at least after a sufficient amount of DD time</u> - or the book is a waste of money........again, just my humble opinion.

After 10 years in the markets, I can't figure why the two would hook up, other than for profit...........maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems typical of "Gurus" who cannot profit from the market.

It would be nice to hear from some folks who have profited <u>consistently</u> thanks to what Tim and/or Brian sell.

Steve

#23     Dec 23, 2008
  4. Brian's analysis isnt bad and I do watch his videos. I just wish he wouldnt pander ads in front of us like monkeys.

I dont doubt his book is full of great wisdom, however, I would read the usual books first before his any day of the week. The usual books being:

http://www.chartpattern.com/recommended_reading.htm
    http://slopeofhope.com/site/recommended_reading.htm

Secondly, dont bother buying any books. Simply go down to the public library and check them out for free. I dont like placing money into the hands of others who I have not seen audited records. Even audited records from reputable accountants can only be half-believed at that...

#24     Dec 24, 2008
  5. Let us remove #of trades, and size of ego. The first is because we focus on one trade. The second because it is hard to measure ego and the sign of its impact. :)

Volty and Uncorrelated strategies are good answer, but your answers can be broadened under that the same umbrella.

I might PM you the details. Let me challenge you a little before I do:

1. What if correlation is negative?
    2. What do you mean by Volty: the implied per annum or the absolute implied volty? (I think I know what you mean, but by posing my question I want to shake things a bit).

#25     Dec 24, 2008
  6. Dont bother with the complex speak or PMs. The only thing that matters is can you turn a dime. I would hire a complete idiot who doesnt know the english language if he could turn a dime for me.

You can take your theory somewhere else. The question is can you turn a dime and by how much? Thats what I want to know....

#26     Dec 24, 2008
  7. Robwynge

Robwynge

I seriously wonder about the people on this site. I have been watching Brian Shannon's vidoes for months and find them very helpful. Those videos are 100% free. Free isn't good enough for you? You want him to pay you to watch his videos?

I also bought his book and found it to be excellent. Nothing fancy, perhaps not for advanced traders, but very helpful for people who are newer to trading.

Other than his book, he does not appear to selling anything. He isn't trying to get you to sign up for any trading system. He isn't looking to take your money to start his own hedge fund. So why should he be compelled to show you his results?

Here's an idea - watch his FREE videos and see if they help. If not, stop watching. If so, keep watching. But cut the lame complaints.

#27     Dec 27, 2008