Tim Sykes & Brian Shannon Finally Mad!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BestGuruEver, Dec 22, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

rft has never traded in his life..another 14 yr old expert like stockturd3....he makes 3 paper trades per year...lol

#11     Dec 23, 2008
  2. I just can't pin RFT down

he sounds crazy like Jack Hershey but at the same time he sometimes says things that come from potentially above average mind

I can't pin him down :confused:

#12     Dec 23, 2008
  3. How come Hurst? You are disappointing me, I really thought you were much more intelligent than you showed here.

I read a couple posts from that jack guy. He just talks and repeats himself with some dry and mechanical stuff. No insight at all.

RFT's thought are deeper. Read between the lines my friend.

Where did you first see a proof of "Less Can be More in Trading" ever in trading literature. Not just the insight but the proofs that come with it. Rare in trading.

PS: Do you know how to put a 2R/R booby trap with 2/3 prob of success?

#13     Dec 23, 2008
  4. I want also to add that I can provide a mathematical proof to this: "at most 10% of traders are winners (excluding commissions/etc)."

#14     Dec 23, 2008
  5. as a matter of Fact

Yes I do :D

that is why I am off the opinion that nature of the market is such that certain way of trading will always work

if it didn't, buyers would sell and sellers would buy

which is impossible

#15     Dec 23, 2008
  6. i am guessing the exceptions are: volatility, # uncorrelated strategies, # trades, size of ego.

#16     Dec 23, 2008
  7. Yes, and that's what I like about Dan Zanger.

#17     Dec 23, 2008
  8. Kristel

Kristel

BestGugu, how do you feel about Rob Booker?
    I'm on the fence about this one, I like the radio show a lot, and I know he does seminars too... but I think I like him more based on his personality (image he created by means of the online radio show) not based on his trading results (which I don't know). How does someone even find out the trading results of someone else???
    I don't know enough about trading to be able to even interpret technical results, so hopefully you can help a girl out now, then I'll be able to research it later on to make my own opinion. thx!

#18     Dec 23, 2008
  9. That site has as much credibility as your average infomercial guarantee.

Collective is there and has been for a while. Anyone trying to start ane ven semi-valid record would begin there.

#19     Dec 23, 2008
  10. I regarded Brian Shannon's videos as very informative and educational. I used to watch them everyday and still do on occasion.

However, Shannon's pandering for "donations" and now him teaming up with Sykes has made me wonder about his credibility and legitimacy.

There are far better trading personalities out there on the web to team up with besides Sykes. Shannon has truly taken the low road as he sticks his tin cup out for an extra dollar or two to keep going with his trades.

Other bloggers, like Tim Knight, have ads on their blogs and some have written books. However, no one, besides Shannon, have big red buttons that say "donate" along with Mastercard/Visa and Paypal symbols. No one panders their book everyday and teams up with questionable characters.

#20     Dec 23, 2008