Tim Sykes Article in Financial Times

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TimothySykes, Sep 24, 2007.

1. So don't read it, I wrote this book for people who are interested in me and my juvenile personality. And judging by the daily stream of emails I get, there's quite a few.

#81     Sep 26, 2007
  2. I have no problem with negative reviews, just ones that are factually inaccurate. ET, like Amazon has 100% control, but if you post something that I can directly contradict with passages from my book, you're damn right these websites are gonna take them down and see that I have some haters who just want to spite me without taking the time to learn the details.

#82     Sep 26, 2007
  3. FGBS

FGBS

So 33% of readers will buy his book... thats so much more than expected!

#83     Sep 26, 2007
  4. EPrado

EPrado

5. "The financial media industry is ripe for opportunity, it's funny how people look down upon me for taking advantage of this, but its just another opportunity, just like any other trade. So far my entry has been perfect, we'll see how the rest of the trade goes, but every day its looking better and better"

Your entry has been perfect? Whata re you smoking?

You went on Cavuto and he basically said you were late to the HF game...and didnt mention your book at all.

You went on CNN and got owned by Rabbi Schumley. He made you look horrible and you had zero comeback.

You got trashed by Trader Monthly .

You get an embarassing headlinge on Page Six.

Yep.....perfect entry....

#84     Sep 26, 2007
  5. bullz n bear vs timmmmmay who is the bigger putz?

#85     Sep 26, 2007
  6. FGBS

FGBS

7. I dunno there, Tim Boy. I suspect that most traders want to read about successful people. Your (very dubious IMHO) comparison in your book ad copy to Livermore and Darvas, doesn't ring true at the outset. At that point in his life Livermore had several wipeouts, but he came back to millions. And Darvas did great, trading by telegram (yeah, could have been luck but still interesting book).

And who would have bought "Pit Bull" if Buzzy had gone bankrupt from bad trades? Sure, we can sometimes learn more from mistakes, but I don't think it should be a big selling point. :D

But I'll give ya one kudo, you sure can take a punch! Haven't seen anybody else still on ET after taking that amount of abuse.

Good trading and good luck! :cool:

#87     Sep 26, 2007
  8. Surdo

Surdo

#88     Sep 26, 2007
  9. Thanks for the solid post. Others have said my book is the modern-day Reminscences and How I Made $2 million, and while I was definitely going for that, I also want my story to be unique. It's sad that we feel that we have to have 30 year careers, make tens of millions, or never make any mistakes (or lat least admit to them), before our story is worthy of telling.

I think we should all be open to telling our stories, think about the possibilities f everyone were honest and shared their experiences. Learning would accelerate exponentially and while some books would obviously fail, if their authors were honest in them, their lessons would continue to help people.

But thanks to the closed-mindedness of people on Et and everywhere else, this will never happen. So, for now, all I've got is my honesty and hopefully I can inspire a few more people to share their experiences too

#89     Sep 26, 2007
  10. Nope that's in this book

#90     Sep 26, 2007