Tim Sykes Article in Financial Times

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TimothySykes, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Honest Timmay, our hero:D

#91     Sep 26, 2007
  2. This would ring a lot more true if you didn't seem to try and make yourself the center of a lot of attention. So far, you are seeming to be an antonym for "humility"

#92     Sep 26, 2007
  3. Maybe ET should have a separate forum for that more can share their inspirational experience?

"How I made a couple hundred K over 400 trades and then blew up on a single trade!!!!". Sounds awesome! Very inspirational!

#93     Sep 26, 2007
  4. gov

gov

Yeah, kinda a cockiness with warts. It's starting to grow on me. I can't help it. I like Oscar too... Damn.

ER2 needs a new high cuz momma needs a new bag..

#94     Sep 26, 2007
  5. gov

gov

Thar she blows; man I love this job. Momma's gonna get that new bag. :cool:

#95     Sep 26, 2007
  6. TimmAAaayYYYy!!!

You're a noob. You're book would make a good door stop, paper weight or toilet paper.

#96     Sep 26, 2007
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

> From: Tim Sykes
    > Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:01 PM
    > To: Randall Lane
    > Subject: Re: Re: Sykes 30 under 30 Party
    >

Thank you for your honesty, but I wish you had read the book I sent you guys. you would discover that ALL MY LOSSES have been caused not by trading, but because I entered into an illiquid stock that I have not been able to sell. I am unable to raise any money, unable to take any trading risk so all I can do is take advantage of my publicity efforts and turn that into my new career. I am a trader in the truest sense in that I am willing to trade professions to adapt to my environment. I wish you had taken the time to understand the specifics before drawing faulty conclusions.

Tim

I dont want to get into a fight with you Tim, but this is pretty weak. All you said is that A) I did what every other meatball who blows out did and I turned a trade into an investment, now I'm stuck. Nothing revolutionary there, most of us have done it at some point in our careers, myself included. But the last point, the I am a trader in the truest sense in that I am willing to trade professions to adapt to my environment., what the heck does that have to do with the markets or trading? To me that just really sounds like a cop out. I do respect that you have at least managed to find something else to do with yourself, that your not laying around feeling sorry for yourself and not doing anything like a lot of people do after a blowout, it does speak to your work ethic..but I do think that if you spent the time on your trading that your now spending on being famous you could probably raise money again. btw, I liked your book.

Brandon

#97     Sep 26, 2007
  8. Just in case you didn't see my response on the other board:

Good post, let's see, what is trading all about? Profiting from market opportunities, correct? How is taking advantage of the fact that the general public knows so little about hedge funds and financial speculation anything different? Why must a trader only limit himself to profiting from stock trades, why can't he go out and profit from an information trade?

You guys have no idea how many horrifically stupid questions I get--what kind of person would I be to ignore them and not tell them my story so they could avoid the pitfalls and see what to look for

#98     Sep 26, 2007
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I did see it, and like I said I dont have a problem with you and I enjoyed your book, I just found that to be a rather weak response on your part.

#99     Sep 26, 2007
  10. I don't get the idea that you are doing this just to help others, but rather mostly to make some bucks and get some publicity. You don't seem to grasp how you come across.

#100     Sep 26, 2007