Tim Robbins tries stand-up comedy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Left wing loud mouth actor Tim Robbins vented his anger at a National Press Club news conference yesterday. He is damned angry that ANYONE dares to hold him and his girlfriend, aging actress Susan Sarendon, responsible for their non-stop anti-American tirades against Operation Iraqi Liberation. He decried the mindless name calling by labelling some of his critics as "Aussie gossip rags" and "talk-radio patriots."

He was appalled that the Baseball Hall of Fame cancelled his appearnace this summer along with Sarandon. After all, they had made an important contribution to the national sport by appearing in a movie 15 years ago. He noted that "A bully can be stopped. So can a mob."" It was unclear if he was referring to the Hall of Fame or to his fellow anti-american demonstrators , who have been so thoroughly repudiated by the citizens of our country.

Make no mistake. These actors have every right to make use of their celebrity status to shoot their mouths off. But Robbins actually thinks his rights go further. He spoke of "constitutionally guranteed rights", which to him apparently means there is somewhere a right to make a fool of yourself, insult your public and have everyone just pretend it didn't happen, kind of like another Clinton corruption scandal.

Sorry Tim, that's not the way it works. Just as you and your lefty Hollywood pals have blackballed conservative actors for decades, now the shoe is on the other foot. You can ask the Dixie Chicks.

2. All the anti war protestors ought to be sent to France!

And if the US government sponsers it, damn the war, give me a room at the Ritz for two weeks while I pay penance and visit the Louvre!

3. i'll go to france. hardly any fat chicks there. too many here in the US.

4. Yes, but we do have some good looking chicks THAT TAKE SHOWERS in the good 'ol US of A.

5. any hairy chiks in france?