Tim Morge and the well-chosen example

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Maverick1, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Timothy Morge has been around as long as I have in trading. He was a regular contributor of the early Omega-List and other popular trading list. I have never heard anything but praise from the majority of trading professionals I know in the business about Tim's endeavors. Granted my last contact with him was in 2010 when I posted about the unexpected passing of my mentor, and he offered condolences.

Also Gary Fritz I know personally and neither he or Tim have a deceptive bone in their body as far as I know. They both have passion for trading that is seldom seen and notable in my book of memories. I visited with Gary just a few years back while he was in Dallas and was his typical deep thinking self. This is what my experience has been and since I am contrary by nature thought I would post my view.

m

#201     Jul 5, 2018
    Bam123, VPhantom and Banger00 like this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

I'm unsubscribing after this post as well as hitting the ignore button for a certain someone who is prone to barraging me with unwanted, infantile, baseless, idiotic pm's - in other words just like many of the posts found here. Meanwhile :-

1) As I have said a few times already one can have a doctorate in a field (not a PHD) and still refer to themselves as a doctor.

2) One can have a PHD from one University and lecture at another. So for example MIT does not require someone to have a PHD earned at their esteemed school to give a talk at their esteemed school. And gosh darn it I believe they even let some give talks without PHD's of any kind.

3) I'll believe IB/CME/Market Geometry over a troll pretending to be a trader any day of the week.

C ya.

#202     Jul 5, 2018
    VPhantom, Banger00, themickey and 2 others like this.
  3. Hi @MarkBrown,

Please feel free to CAREFULLY REVIEW the entire thread (especially when considering the words "deception" and/or "deceptive bone"), which certainly does not involve Gary Fritz's character. I do not know Mr. Fritz, or of him.

I think it's pretty serious to fabricate 3 Phds, and state them continuously throughout several IB webinars, soliciting business to your educational website, and then find out they do not exist. This is the main focus of this thread, about Mr. Timothy Morge.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    #203     Jul 5, 2018
  4. @SunTrader
    1) Morge actually claims THREE PHDS, shown on the YouTube clips, posted by @probiotic10.
    2) Of course, you can. In this case, Morge gave a one-time talk at a small MIT student club, which he later parlayed into being part of the MIT faculty, and teaching MIT graduate students, on an ongoing basis. Again, shown on the YouTube clips, posted by @probiotic10.
    3) Don't believe everything you read, as IB/CME failed to do a proper due diligence, and find points (1) and (2). Market Geometry does not want you to find out about points (1) or (2), ever...

C ya.

#204     Jul 6, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  5. Banger00

Banger00

1) He has, until you get a proof that he has not.
    2)yes, why would not he teach?
    3) nobody failed, nothing is hidden, you can go and listen IB webinars where you can hear DOCTOR Morge, talk about his Phd's

And I can bet, that DOCTOR Morge have the Phd's.

Case closed.

#205     Jul 6, 2018
  6. 1) Morge does not have 3 PHDs. This is shown by the Wayback Machine link posted earlier, showing his bio from his own website (www.blackthornecapital.com) from 2008. In his own written content, he only has a Masters. @probiotic10's YouTube links are from 2012. Unless Morge got 3 PHDs in 4 years, he does not have any. Please review @probiotic10's post.

2) You cannot claim to be part of the MIT faculty after a one-time appearance at a tiny student club, and claim to teach at MIT on an ongoing basis.

3) There are no PHDs, yet Morge mentions having them throughout the IB Webinars (Mathematics, Economics, Physics).

By simply using: http://nscverifications.org/welcome-to-verification-services/

We can easily get to the truth, and then you don't have to "bet" on it.

And that can only be requested by IB/CME, with permission of Morge, and voila, we will see these 3 transcripts!

Case is far from closed, but we are getting very close...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    #206     Jul 6, 2018
  7. VPhantom

VPhantom

On this particular point, you have to be careful. His specific claim is that he "has been lecturing" at Stanford and MIT and I have found no quotes hinting at more than that. Technically speaking, a single appearance qualifies. Of course if he talked about "his MIT students", he'd be exaggerating, but the term "lecturing" was always used in what I reviewed.

#207     Jul 6, 2018
    Bam123 likes this.
  8. @VPhantom

Quoting @probiotic10:
    "And Mr. Morge himself said:
    (07:30) This is a presentation in the style that I use when lecturing at MIT and Stanford. Please be patient whilethe material unfolds. At University, this might be a three or four hour lecture.

So he is implying that he regularly lectures at MIT and Stanford. As ChipShotTrader claimed, he has asked MIT and MIT had said that they do not recognize Mr. Morge as a lecturer."

But I fully agree with your point, and I rather stay away from anything that could be labeled an allegation, and is simply not concrete enough.

This why I am focusing exclusively on the 3 PHDs (very concrete), and even show how they can easily be proven (or more likely, shown not to exist) in my previous post.

#208     Jul 6, 2018
    Xela and VPhantom like this.
  9. Bam123

Bam123

Chipshot claims he talked to MIT and Stanford but he also claims that Cynthia Tomain said things that she says are untrue.

#209     Jul 6, 2018
    Banger00 and VPhantom like this.
  10. Dear Xela,

I think your post best summarizes the essence of this thread, and directly addresses @Bam123

PS. It's 3 Phds in FOUR years. @probiotic10's YouTube clip is from 2012. Morge's bio is from 2008.

@Bam123, I do not "claim" to have talked to MIT, I actually did. I enclose a screenshot of their response. I also called Stanford University, and emailed The University of Chicago. Only MIT gave me actual facts. The other two redirected me to "degreeverify.org", as they are not allowed to release this information. I scored with MIT. You can do the same!

MIT: registrar-www@mit.edu
    Stanford University: +1 866 993 7772 (or you can write a Ticket)
    University of Chicago: registrar@uchicago.edu

Regarding Cynthia Tomain at Interactive Brokers, I have stated the truth. I have sent both you and @VPhantom my personal contact information. A simple 3-way conference call, would be ideal to refresh Cynthia's recollection of events (we just need to set up a time; why would Cynthia Tomain mind, at all?). I have absolutely nothing to hide.

I don't think we will ever hear from @OnlyTheTruth616 (MR. Timothy Morge) ever again. I think it was a pretty desperate move on his part to post Cynthia's email (I mean, only Morge could have access to these emails! How careless, and plain dumb).

Finally, for the CHECK MATE, I attach a screenshot of Peter Brandt's Twitter feed, which came 2 days after @Bam123's last post, and is a result of this thread (he has been debriefed). 5 Months of basically "pro bono" work truly paid off. Totally worth it...

0A69A112-3610-495F-9529-60CFF7236C6A.png 460B6FD7-ED69-40FC-A468-1B8D55411DF6.png

@Bam123 Privately, you told me you have been a member of Market Maps for a year, and that Shane Blankenship is an awful teacher (your words). Isn't it surprising he is a very recent bankrupt?

Pay attention to Brandt's advice. It's just common sense...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    #210     Jul 13, 2018
    probiotic10 and Xela like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.