Tim Morge and the well-chosen example

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Maverick1, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VPhantom

VPhantom

That is absolutely correct, and on purpose. In one of his I.B. webinars, he answered a question specifically on that. If I can paraphrase: "I prefer to focus my sharing on the few home runs that worked well, than on all of those boring ones which got stopped out uneventfully." You either believe it or you don't, of course, but it's not unreasonable: you want to learn to duplicate what works, and especially since in his style stops are systematic, only the entry and profit targets are discretionary and thus have a learning curve.

I think he did have a few losers in one of his I.B. webinars somewhere, to illustrate his money management style, no idea which one it could be though.

While I have not paid to witness it first-hand, my understanding is that this is what goes on in his live morning sessions.

He stresses money management in all the content I saw. Every scenario for the trade is planned for before it is entered (including writing off the stop-loss, which is good psychology) and even for his usual winning examples he details the losing scenarios as well at every point, at least in the webinars. (Those YouTube clips are excerpts from his chat room and seem to be much less complete.) His losses are straightforward: either the stop gets hit immediately or nothing happens within a predefined set of bars (say 5-6) and he cancels/exits.

What I learned from having watched and read pretty much everything he's ever freely published, is that he gets highly in tune with specific markets (something one can only learn from screen time, not really from him), and that median lines are only a secondary visualization tool for him, for example to suggest interesting scaling out targets. Most of his core decisions seem to be actually based on horizontal lines (drawn in or implied), and let's keep in mind that a Modified Schiff Median Line is actually a normal trend line (joining A and C) with an opposite parallel (at B).

I do enjoy his narrative of the recent past as he reaches the right edge, with his "where are the positions now?" and his recommendation that traders "slow down" and think trades through. (Better to miss one than to act carelessly.)

#11     Dec 12, 2016
  2. Mr. Morge is a vender. That's what he does. Always in hindsight, always. Me thinks that he is conducting a year end membership drive. Christmas is right around the corner.
    Hope Omar aka Shane get a nice bonus this year. Happy holidays to all!

#12     Dec 18, 2016
  3. VPhantom

VPhantom

Omar?

#13     Dec 22, 2016
    #14     Dec 22, 2016
  5. Omar Shane Blankenship. His full name.

#15     Dec 22, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  6. VPhantom

VPhantom

Forgot to address that bit: while he is indeed a vendor, he's been registered as a commodity trading advisor for a couple of decades, so I would assume that he has a pretty extensive verifiable track record. Pretty sure there'd be legal consequences to lie about trades taken.

(That said, I haven't read every detail at the NFA so I could be wrong about that bit.)

#16     Dec 22, 2016
    #17     Dec 22, 2016
  8. Yes, he is registered. But from what I can see he has no fund or pool money being managed. His response will be that he manages sovereign wealth fund money and is exempt from reporting requirements.
    Ask him for specifics---doubt you will get anything concrete. As for Shane---I doubt he has a funded trading account in his name. I am not bashing Mr. Morge---but just do some simple math. Subscription revenue with high price tutoring equals a good living. You cannot knock
    a person for making a good whack. It is a lot easier to sell information on how to trade than to take risk in the markets. Great gig.
    Bottom line, Mr Morge runs an educational site for profit. He is a educational vendor with the usual disclaimers by law. Examples will always be after the fact. Just know what you are
    getting. If that is what you are looking for, you can do much worse than Mr Morge's services.
    Overall, he is probably a really good guy. Which is a complement in an industry filled with garbage. PS, just because you are registered does not make you much of anything, besides registered. Happy Holidays to all.

#18     Dec 22, 2016
  9. VPhantom

VPhantom

There are reportedly 1000 spots in one of his two live services, which is... $179 + $350 = $529 per month. So at capacity, that's already worth $6M/year. Plus the other one (priced the same), plus mentoring which is $25K for him (yearly?) or Shane for $15K.

So, millions/year for sure, possibly ten. A damn nice living indeed!

And I just noticed his mentoring fee nearly doubled recently, so I guess there's strong demand even in this price range.:wtf:

#19     Dec 25, 2016
    ChipShotTrader and Maverick1 like this.
  10. I realize this thread may be a little stale, but while doing some research on the mentors of marketgeometry.com I came across these records for an Omar Shane Blankenship:

https://www.open-public-records.com/court/nevada-14952360.htm

It looks like Shane may have blown up more than his trading account.

#20     Oct 21, 2017
    ChipShotTrader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.