Tightest spreads

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Razor, Jan 2, 2008.

1. IB's minimum is $25k per order (a quarter lot). MBT/EFX supports much smaller orders.

While they both have their own java charts, they're not the greatest. However, both of them are supported in QuoteTracker for free charting (no backfill for MBT/EFX, but IB has backfill). In addition, most every FX broker on the net offers their charting package free with demo accounts (which usually never expire). I use MetaTrader4 and FX Accucharts, both from demo accounts.

#11     Jan 3, 2008
  2. It's a while since I've traded through Oanda so things may have changed but across news they would incease spreads to 20 pips for about 5 mins before and after. If you're looking to trade from 8am EST then you're going to experience that. Also there were a lot of connection 'problems' around data like NFP, make up your own mind about that one :)

Should spreads be the only consideration when looking for a broker, isn't getting filled at (or close to) the price you want and a stable platform and reliable connection just as important, if not more so? No point in a tight spread if you can't get orders filled or you always get slippage.

Any bucketshop offering unrealistically narrow spreads to draw in customers are probably getting paid in other ways, think about it.

I've posted this link before, it's worth reading before deciding where to put your money.

Market Makers & ECN’s, Is the grass greener?
    http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=8046

#12     Jan 3, 2008