Tightest morning range EVER!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Perhaps 'all the good traders' were <b>taught</b> to always place stop orders, but they became good traders by discarding such destructive advice:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54604&highlight=stop+orders

#11     Nov 11, 2005
  2. plugger

plugger

Is the crowd leaning (positioned) for a year end rally? Seems so. I'm looking for a short as maybe all the money has been spent.

#12     Nov 11, 2005
  3. #13     Nov 11, 2005
  4. #14     Nov 11, 2005
  5. LMeyers

LMeyers

#15     Nov 11, 2005
  6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Maybe 67 traders is not a large enough sample to make that conclusion.

I think the use of stops depends on the type of trading. Scalpers would not use stops while eod swing traders would.

#16     Nov 11, 2005
  7. Theres no way i would consider taking a long swing position at this point. Remember how in the cartoons someone runs off a cliff but doesn't fall right away...cause they aren't aware they're standing on air?? ....... thats what this market reminds me of. And look how the transports are extended on the daily charts. Also oil looks like its finding support from July today after a tiny gap down. Im still looking at YELL for a possible short swing when transports pullback. YELL has been weak in comparison to the sector.

#17     Nov 11, 2005
  8. I think it's time to take an early weekend...:D

Today's market is not worth the trouble

#18     Nov 11, 2005

9. Thats how money is made doing what most wont do. The average trader is saying the same thing your saying, Im not buying up here, as the big investment banks jam the futures higher during the lunch hour. Again thats when most are taught to stay out of the market during lunch. All this time the markets keep moving higher as the amateurs cringe over the fact they missed another big up day. finally the cant take it any more and buy out of pure emotion driven greed, then the market ticks up a few more points and down she goes.

Hey that is from my own experience. Live and learn.

#19     Nov 11, 2005
  10. Good post, espically about the hungry part.

The market isn't high just because, it'll be high when it breaks, until then, its not high.

Few understands :)

#20     Nov 11, 2005