Tight Stops

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by WaveTrader2004, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BSAM

BSAM

Thanks for the applause.
    Thanks for your analysis.
    Do I owe you anything? :)))

#41     Nov 14, 2004
  2. I didn't come in to this Elite Site with any plan to recruit customers and as it is I have rules of my own that I work with that serve me well.

I have given you some information that may help you in the future that is more than you have given me.

If you want to argue the point do it on the ES because that is where I trade.

I don't have to blow my bag up and argue with anyone about what I think it is not an issue with me.

I do what I do as I see it and that is about all.

If it keeps working I continue to do it. If it stops working I shut down for the day and start again tomorrow.

There's a lot to learn about this business of trading and most of all there is a lot to learn about yourself.

If you can put it all together then you are set for life.

I am already set so I don't really give a shit except that sometimes I like to give a little back for the help I may have had along the way.

You can take it anyway you like but my advice to you for the rest of your life is this:

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth."

Now I don't want to continue this thread any longer as it has outlasted it's usefullness and I will not be replying to anymore mail on this thread.

That is how I feel and that is how I will act.

So Tat AH my friends I have no more intersest in this.

BBG

#42     Nov 14, 2004
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Wave.....

Actually, some of your ideas you have presented do have merit, IMO. However, your arrogance supercedes your contributions. We see many of your ilk around here. Rather disgusting/sad. You should learn to not talk down to people. Might even recruit a few customers that way. Good luck.

BSAM

#43     Nov 14, 2004
  4. Tell me something new. Trading 6 ticks isn't trading, its gambling. Frankly after reading your first post, you sound like someone who wants to be an authority figure, rather than someone who wants to help.

Either way, nothing new in this thread.

Keep posting. You sound like someone who is just preaching to the choir with the same worn out statements of trading.

#44     Nov 14, 2004
  5. If you want to find out where my Web site is and go and read it I don't have to look up to anyone as I am regarded amonst my peers as in the top 1%.

So if you think from your perspective you can achieve the same recognition go for it.

I really couldn't give a shit,

after all we need imbeciles and no matter where I go I keep findind them by the doizens.

BBG

#45     Nov 14, 2004
  6. jbt

jbt

Wave you may be absolutely right. IF your timing skills are excellent you only need 6 tick stops.

But like most traders my timing sucks. Very few people can play basket like Michael Jordan and very few people can
    time every turn,

I am wrong 8/10 times on my 1st entry and am still profitable. Isn't that better than having to be right 8/10 times?

As for "professional" levels - please give me a break. One large paper oredr will make pit scurry like cockroaches and blow all the pivot levels to bits. If you are really trading probability I hope that's not the main variable you are relying on.

#46     Nov 14, 2004
  7. Because what you don't understand and either does anyone else here is I TRADE BY FEEL.

FIRST I pick out the levels of support and resistance as they move along

I feel what they should do!

I feel what they are doing!

I feel the mood!

I watch the bluechips!

I know when the structure is weak or strong.

How does a back tested system know any of these things

It doesn't and that is the problem.

Anyway I am finished with this thread I have told you all you need to know to be successful and if you ignore it that is your problem.

BBG

#47     Nov 14, 2004
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Well, okay, if you insist (again). We're all "Wave"ing goodbye with tears in our eyes, knowing that we will never again have a winning trade, because we couldn't accept everything you had to offer here on ET. Oh, my, my. What will we do?????:eek:

#48     Nov 14, 2004
  9. Well thats it then. Moderator, you can close this one down. I for one will have to take a few days off work to grieve :D In fact, I am going to have a beer right now.:(

#49     Nov 14, 2004
  10. This trading world is not for ROBOTS

It is made up of thinkers and actors

IF YOU ARE A DUMB ROBOT you are doomed.

Anyone who tells you different is a liar.

I wish you well, even the smart ass skeptics it is not for me to wish you harm but I am always amazed when someone comes along and tells you the truth you are so ignorant to realise it.

Well that is why we have Futures markets I guess.

I often worry why I take the time to explain sometimes.

BBG

#50     Nov 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.