tight stop really work?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by 0008, Oct 29, 2008.

1. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Fearless has his methodology in good working order...

:cool:

#21     Dec 6, 2008
  2. IMO they are too lazy to think the puzzle through clearly, or they trade OPM or they are most likely paper tigers on this site.

Given the fractal nature of the markets and the account size at risk to position trade volume I cannot see the point.
    But that is just me.

regards
    f9

#22     Dec 6, 2008
  3. Oh boy. Here we go. Astrology next? Moon phases?

I've probably forgotten more about fractal geometry than you'll ever know. There are plenty of guys like you who throw the term 'fractal' around and think that because they understand the idea of self-similiarity, they can see it in the markets or apply it. Ever try to codify it?
    Right. Thank you.

#23     Dec 6, 2008
  4. Fair enough O, we all make decisions based on what we see.

I have changed my timing but my stops and trade size remain unchanged.

The odd outcome is my fill ratio has dropped but my entry stops have increased disproportionately.

All in all todays ES has a better session yield.

regards
    f9

#24     Dec 6, 2008
  5. Everything is relative to the individual, some swing and others scalp. I do think every new trader should learn to scalp first. Limited risk, best way to improve market timing and the such. I do think the long term goal should be swing trading, do to the fact that size becomes an issue.

#25     Dec 6, 2008
  6. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Constantine, you are right about learning to scalp first. If someone can master scalp trading first(we all know it to be more difficult), then the longer timeframe trade methodologies are easier to master. NOT VICE VERSA

generally, people that start out swing trading or take longer timeframe positions have a harder time learning to scalp...

LEARN TO SCALP FIRST, THEN YOU WILL MASTER THE LONGER TIME FRAMES WITH RELATIVE EASE

#26     Dec 6, 2008
  7. joemiami

joemiami Guest

As learned in quantitative analysis or is it physics?:

the smaller more frequent waves(sound, liquids, markets) set the gears in motion for the bigger waves....

#27     Dec 6, 2008
  8. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Hmmm.. FRACTAL is word ive heard over and over again on ET.
    I have no F%*&%ing clue what that means.

Im going to look it up now. Anyone know of a good site that explains what it is how it works?..its time for me to learn something new for this week....

#28     Dec 6, 2008
  9. Yes, I will go with that.
    If you start off in the company of Position Traders you will pick up some particularly nasty habits which you will need to rid yourself of before you can begin to day trade.

Once you can day trade profitably, you will have acquired sufficient knowledge to know that this game is all about risk.

regards
    f9

#29     Dec 6, 2008
  10. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Fearless, and those nasty habits die hard, hence it becomes a steeper uphill battle for them to move to shorter time frames....

#30     Dec 6, 2008